What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R13 Sun - Canberra 22-16 Sydney @ GIO

Round 13: Canberra v Sydney

• Canberra Raiders

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GAZF

First Grade
Just wait until round 24, when Raiders play Manly for 8th spot and Ricky makes 7 interchanges in the first 15, a veritable flurry, Elliot to hooker, Starling on for Elliot, Elliot to lock for Sutton, like a 3 card monte until Des' head explodes and Ricky smiles, turns and kicks over a chair... revealing his unused 4th bench player after all...
Clay Priest.

This Year?

Immortal
So happy for the Raiders fans. For a long time in that 2nd half I was expecting a fade but fortunately that chargedown broke the trend. Ennis and Vossy were insufferable the entire game. I can't believe how average the Roosters become without Teddy, Maria and Radley. The way they played reminded me of the ANZAC day plod. They desperately need a good hooker. Manu done very well considering he was out of position.

yobbo84

First Grade
The Roosters are very lucky there have been bigger stories in the NRL this season, because their form, for a supposed premiership threat, is downright putrid. They've escaped much criticism so far but with a massive 3 weeks coming up for them, it will make or break them.

The biggest worry for them would have to be Luke Keary - he's in terrible form.

mongoose

Coach
yeah i was strangely confident that whole game, even when they got within 6. The Roosters just didn't look very threatening at any stage.

GAZF

First Grade
yeah i was strangely confident that whole game, even when they got within 6. The Roosters just didn't look very threatening at any stage.
Kind of like the Sharks game in Magic Round. Frequent (often self inflicted) pressure on our line and ugly scrambling managing to throw the attack off.

BadnMean

Juniors

And it wasn't all because the Roosters had no attack at all- they still had a solid range of threats in the air, backrow & Manu running it & >200 games MORE experience in their spine than ours....

I think I am just starting to trust our defence again... (awaits universe to pound that small level of joy from my heart).

Valheru

Coach
The Roosters are very lucky there have been bigger stories in the NRL this season, because their form, for a supposed premiership threat, is downright putrid. They've escaped much criticism so far but with a massive 3 weeks coming up for them, it will make or break them.

The biggest worry for them would have to be Luke Keary - he's in terrible form.
Sorry but this is exaggeration

The form over the last 5 weeks has been quite good. Losing to Canberra in Canberra during an origin affected round by 6 points is hardly the worst loss in history.

We are right in the middle of a brutal 7 game stretch of Parra, Penrith, @Sharks, @Raiders, Storm, @Parra, @Penrith and are 2-2 in that stretch which I find completely reasonable. As for the next 3, who knows what teams are trotted out in those games, even if we are to only win 1 then going 3-4 in that stretch isn't the worst result. The draw softens drastically thereafter.

There are issues with the team, of course, plenty to be worked on. Keary is probably a write off this season, coming back from an ACL is difficult. Our biggest issue is hooker, the service deep in attack is atrocious and leads to rushed decisions by the halves.

On the wider view of the season, we have beaten the 4 teams immediately above us on the ladder. Some of the losses don't look good on paper. Newcastle we lost to in round 1 which we always lose in round 1 and form goes out the window ANZAC Day. Dogs is the obvious one, definitely a horrible performance and 2 points that should have been in the bank. As I said above though, form since then has drastically improved.

I would say souths form in 2022 after nearly winning the comp last year is a bigger story than ours. Besides the round 3 win against us, you guys haven't looked like beating a top 8 side. Your 7 game nightmare draw is the last 7 games so we will see how they come through that.

Valheru

Coach
And it wasn't all because the Roosters had no attack at all- they still had a solid range of threats in the air, backrow & Manu running it & >200 games MORE experience in their spine than ours....

I think I am just starting to trust our defence again... (awaits universe to pound that small level of joy from my heart).
We got very close a few times. How Billy Smith didn't score I'll never know, credit to Raiders defence but 90% of wingers/centres have the speed to score there. Sitilli went close a few times, we probably got a bit too predictable with that play but it did only look a matter of time. Sualli also could have had another if he leaped a second later.

Raiders did enough and deserved their win but there has been a bit of an overreaction over the chooks losing an away game in Canberra during origin by 6 points and most of it coming from roosters fans.

yobbo84

First Grade
Sorry but this is exaggeration

The form over the last 5 weeks has been quite good. Losing to Canberra in Canberra during an origin affected round by 6 points is hardly the worst loss in history.

We are right in the middle of a brutal 7 game stretch of Parra, Penrith, @Sharks, @Raiders, Storm, @Parra, @Penrith and are 2-2 in that stretch which I find completely reasonable. As for the next 3, who knows what teams are trotted out in those games, even if we are to only win 1 then going 3-4 in that stretch isn't the worst result. The draw softens drastically thereafter.

There are issues with the team, of course, plenty to be worked on. Keary is probably a write off this season, coming back from an ACL is difficult. Our biggest issue is hooker, the service deep in attack is atrocious and leads to rushed decisions by the halves.

On the wider view of the season, we have beaten the 4 teams immediately above us on the ladder. Some of the losses don't look good on paper. Newcastle we lost to in round 1 which we always lose in round 1 and form goes out the window ANZAC Day. Dogs is the obvious one, definitely a horrible performance and 2 points that should have been in the bank. As I said above though, form since then has drastically improved.

I would say souths form in 2022 after nearly winning the comp last year is a bigger story than ours. Besides the round 3 win against us, you guys haven't looked like beating a top 8 side. Your 7 game nightmare draw is the last 7 games so we will see how they come through that.
100% our form is worse, and a bigger story. That was my point. We've been hammered in the media for being shite this year and rightfully so. But your mob was expected to be pushing the Panthers for premiership this year, and a 7-6 start should have more questions raised.