What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R19 Sun - North Qld 27-26 Wests Tigers @ QLD Country Bank

Round 19: North Qld v Wests Tigers

• North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danish

Referee
We can

We can outlaw the bunker completely if we want and go back to one ref makes the call

I remember those days and the f**king whinging from Gould and co when decisions were made that were wrong on replay

At the end of the day the ref on the ground stuffed up by allowing the challenge then Klien just doubled down on that shit like he was splitting aces in blackjack
Felt more like he hit while sitting on 2 face cards personally.

I’m questioning why we waste several million per year running a full time NRL ref squad. I can’t imagine we’d be any worse off just treating NRL like rep honours for NSW and QLD cup refs we it’s a simple match payment system. Call up the best 16 refs from the lower grades each week, with every ref capped at no more than a dozen NRL games per season.

Refs going full time pro has added nothing to the game

macnaz

Staff member
It will come down to a "judgement" argument.

It would seem like a mighty big fight for the Tigers to embark on, just for 2 meaningless competition points (in 2022)
Its not meaningless when it may avoid the club getting the wooden spoon, which can have many negative consequences on membership,sponsors, player retention and signings etc. Yeah so far from meaningless

Canard

Immortal
Its not meaningless when it may avoid the club getting the wooden spoon, which can have many negative consequences on membership,sponsors, player retention and signings etc. Yeah so far from meaningless

Finishing 15th via a court case would be peak Rugby League.

Good news is that it's not even a remote possibility of occurring.

Canard

Immortal
Isn't it true that an outsider winning isn't a big deal to bookies as they set the market accordingly?

I know f**k all about betting, by the way.

Leaguenutter

Juniors
Isn't it true that an outsider winning isn't a big deal to bookies as they set the market accordingly?

I know f**k all about betting, by the way.
Betting aside, I'm sure you'd be crying if it meant your team was getting a wooden spoon due to loss like that

macnaz

Staff member
And again, if the bunker told the ref to award a penalty, he would have - although that’s a level of involvement I don’t think the bunker should be having. There would be no need for a challenge.

Allowing the challenge was incorrect by rule. There was no opportunity to challenge in that circumstance.
Nailed it.

Munted

Bench
So an NRL puppet had said the challenge was legit as the ref blew his whistle on the play, but not the whistle for full time.
OK merkins, so why did he blow the whistle on the play but not full time? To check in with the bunker with 0 seconds on the clock?
I don't recall him calling time off either, so did the game end or not?
This whole thing is comical.

Canard

Immortal
Betting aside, I'm sure you'd be crying if it meant your team was getting a wooden spoon due to loss like that

I've had some epic meltdowns after losses. Epic AF.

But I've never even come close to suggesting it was due to Bookies influence or that legal action should be taken.

My club finished 15th last year, if we finished 16th, so what, there both shit.

Exsilium

First Grade
Interesting that Kyle Feldt’s collision occurred about 10m away from where the ball was caught by Laurie.

He also had three other defenders within proximity of the ball and in his way.

He was “denied” a chance but he would have had a heap of work to do to even get close.

6CBD80EE-D5F9-4E70-B8BC-6509AFA07298.jpeg

Canard

Immortal
Interesting that Kyle Feldt’s collision occurred about 10m away from where the ball was caught by Laurie.

He also had three other defenders within proximity of the ball and in his way.

He was “denied” a chance but he would have had a heap of work to do to even get close.

View attachment 64107

There is no proximity requirement to obstruction though is there?

macnaz

Staff member
I take it now that time had run out, So can a penalty can be awarded during a normal time indiscretion (I.E. kicked ball in air, player gets taken out...penalty)...after time had ran out ? This is my take on it.
I think the point you are missing is.. if the bunker seen an indiscretion then tell the ref to call a penalty..but there was no penalty. , but its obvious the bunker has intervened in some fashion telling the ref something.. what? Seemed to me as though Clown was pushing him to ask the Cowboys to challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts