What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R23 Sat - Sydney 72-6 Wests Tigers @ SCG

Round 23: Sydney v Wests Tigers

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reflector

Juniors
The trick is not to engage in debates like that. Laugh at them and respond with "if that's what you like, ok.". Another example of the weird hubris they have is the 'National' gallery of Victoria. (Which I had to sadly inform a Victorian was incorrect as Victoria is not a nation)

Also ended up laughing at another one who in the same conversation criticised Sydney because they got lost there because the train lines have different names (they should be the same as Melbourne?) And that Federation square (has interesting stuff there, sure - looks like a shed built by drunk gorillas with rescued materials from a demolition) was more beautiful and iconic that the Sydney Opera house....

I'm honestly not making this up.
I'd give you all of Sydney Harbour
All that land and all that water
For that one sweet promenade

Paul Kelly, singing about St Kilda beach.

Having visited St Kilda beach, he's welcome to it.

The Roosters played outstandingly well but that Tigers performance was a total disgrace. Not first grade quality at all they should be ashamed of that and should apologise to their fans.
And here we've got tossers gunning for an 18 team competition.

Talk about further diluting the already diluted talent stocks within the NRL.

Lol f**k Melbourne and Victoria, biggest narcissist of a place I've ever been in by far. A Melbourne family once told that the beaches in Victoria looked better then Noosa and Queensland in general. They copped a huge serve from me.
I unfortunately live in the arsehole of Australia and you are totally correct.

I mentioned in the Scum v Broncos thread that I have met Cumster personally at a Scum/Rebels function in 2016. He looked down at you with his chin poking out like a Prima Donna. Should've moved that chin 180° when I had the chance.

Reflector

Juniors
And here we've got tossers gunning for an 18 team competition.

Talk about further diluting the already diluted talent stocks within the NRL.
There's enough talent out there (both abroad and in the lower grades) to sustain 18 teams, even more than that.

This "Not enough playing talent" narrative is a deflection tactic rolled out by sub-standard coaches and boards who don't want more public scrutiny for their incompetence. Obviously there's always somebody who has to run last, but the disparity we're seeing at the moment is down to incompetence, not a lack of raw talent available.

There's enough talent out there (both abroad and in the lower grades) to sustain 18 teams, even more than that.

This "Not enough playing talent" narrative is a deflection tactic rolled out by sub-standard coaches and boards who don't want more public scrutiny for their incompetence. Obviously there's always somebody who has to run last, but the disparity we're seeing at the moment is down to incompetence, not a lack of raw talent available.
Maybe I've raised the bar too high. Dunno.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Lol f**k Melbourne and Victoria, biggest narcissist of a place I've ever been in by far. A Melbourne family once told that the beaches in Victoria looked better then Noosa and Queensland in general. They copped a huge serve from me.
They must be very similar because they are all f**king here now anyway!