What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R23 Sat - Sydney 72-6 Wests Tigers @ SCG

Round 23: Sydney v Wests Tigers

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King hit

Coach
The Roosters played outstandingly well but that Tigers performance was a total disgrace. Not first grade quality at all they should be ashamed of that and should apologise to their fans. Who knows if Tim Sheens can make a positive impact next year. One of their best players is leaving as well (Garner)

The sad thing is that I really want to see the Tigers strong again. Have nostalgia for their 2005 premiership along with Benji at his best. Their 2010-11 were very good teams who got unlucky.

King hit

Coach
Jesus Christ. Are you that old bloke who yelled at me on the tram one day that someone was rude to him in Sydney when he was visiting in 1962 and he'd never been back since?
Lol f**k Melbourne and Victoria, biggest narcissist of a place I've ever been in by far. A Melbourne family once told that the beaches in Victoria looked better then Noosa and Queensland in general. They copped a huge serve from me.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Lol f**k Melbourne and Victoria, biggest narcissist of a place I've ever been in by far. A Melbourne family once told that the beaches in Victoria looked better then Noosa and Queensland in general. They copped a huge serve from me.
The trick is not to engage in debates like that. Laugh at them and respond with "if that's what you like, ok.". Another example of the weird hubris they have is the 'National' gallery of Victoria. (Which I had to sadly inform a Victorian was incorrect as Victoria is not a nation)

Also ended up laughing at another one who in the same conversation criticised Sydney because they got lost there because the train lines have different names (they should be the same as Melbourne?) And that Federation square (has interesting stuff there, sure - looks like a shed built by drunk gorillas with rescued materials from a demolition) was more beautiful and iconic that the Sydney Opera house....

I'm honestly not making this up.

Last edited:

Pantherjim.

Referee
Or maybe just focus on the fact that you got smacked 60-12 last night? And your team think they are doing anything more than making up the numbers?

Yeah, Nah. I agree with @SLRBRONCOS.

You’ve been in the competition for almost a quarter of a century, you’ve won 4 premierships in that time - (Would’ve won more than that if you hadn’t been caught cheating your arses off) - yet you’ve still failed to convince many Melburnians to switch codes?

Will be interesting to see how many Melburnians actually turn up to this game, but unless a sellout, I concur

Tamou should look in the mirror, he is just as incompetent a footballer as Cummings is an incompetent ref.
True as that may be, the NRL refs do not do a good job. True as it may be that players and coaches are trash, the refs continually adjudicate the game differently and constantly make crucial errors. Don’t get me wrong, the WT have had a terrible season, of their own making. But the standard of reffing is abominable.

Valheru

Coach
True as that may be, the NRL refs do not do a good job. True as it may be that players and coaches are trash, the refs continually adjudicate the game differently and constantly make crucial errors. Don’t get me wrong, the WT have had a terrible season, of their own making. But the standard of reffing is abominable.

There are probably better times to air that grievance than when you are down by 60

horrie hastings

First Grade

Oh i totally agree, the standards of refs is appalling, you dont mind refs making an honest mistake but the standard is beyond appalling, it is turning more and more people away from the game. If the refs were up here in Darwin I reckon they would be fed to the crocodiles.

Oh i totally agree, the standards of refs is appalling, you dont mind refs making an honest mistake but the standard is beyond appalling, it is turning more and more people away from the game. If the refs were up here in Darwin I reckon they would be fed to the crocodiles.
The shame of it all is, Roosters troweled Wests and once again, the talk is about refs. The irony of Tamou’s outburst is not lost on me either. And the result wasn’t in isolation for Saturday. All three games were spankings - 5 of 6 for the weekend actually. NRL has a lot to deal with, with weak ckubs, refs and everything else.
anyway. I’m veering in to Tin hat territory.

Latest posts