What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

handyman2190

Bench
On another note....latrell 850,cody 650 cookie 850 equals 2.35 this is what they are on now,from reports.
Latrell will get 1m
Cody has been offered 600, cookie at 31 should be offered 600 this equals 2.2m lets say for arguments sake 2.3m
We should have no problem resigning them. This 6m being bandied around is for 3 years.
The media are on drugs.
Dont forget wr are freeing up sauces 400 paulos 150 and the 350 the goats on.

callmack1

Staff member
Does anyone know how karapani is after his medical problem?
He's off his medication apparently and trained fully with the team for the first time this week just gone.

Won't play until next year obviously but it's great to see the kid back up and about and well on the road to recovery.

He'll be ready for a big 2023 Pre-Season.

callmack1

Staff member
It was said a few weeks back that Sam had chosen to return to us but it wasn't a 100% confirmed and we all said 'don't speak too soon.' While it still hasn't be officially announced, this fully confirms it as it has direct quotes from the man himself. Bloody stoked with this!!!

From the Sydney Morning Herald,

Burgess fired up as Redfern return gets green light​

Sam Burgess has been given the all clear by the NRL to return to the game in a coaching capacity. His former club, South Sydney, are comfortable he has ticked every box required.

Souths wanted to make sure he was doing everything by the book. They didn’t want to leave themselves exposed to any kind of threat or accusations from rival clubs or Burgess haters in the media that they snuck him back into the game without meeting the NRL’s demands.

Souths quietly inquired with the game’s bosses and they have given him the green light.

“I’m confident I’ll be able to add value in what Souths are paying me to do, to be an assistant coach,” Burgess said.

“I’ve learnt a lot in a short space of time with the Orara Valley Axemen [in Group 2]. We got the team back on top and now we are in a grand final, next weekend.

“Building a club from scratch is quite an experience and I’ve been doing a lot of work on myself.
I’ve done it to be a better person and to be the father to my kids that I want to be.”

A big reason Burgess accepted an offer to coach at South Sydney, over the Dolphins and supercoach Wayne Bennett, was proximity to his children.

“I don’t need to say how much I miss them,” he said. “They are my life.”

Burgess is more motivated than ever to succeed.

“This time away from the NRL has relit the flame in me,” he said. “I’m a competitive person and excited for my next steps.”

Burgess was fined $30,000 in March and banned from the NRL for taking illicit drugs and threatening Roosters rival Billy Smith. However, he was cleared of domestic violence allegations.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It was said a few weeks back that Sam had chosen to return to us but it wasn't a 100% confirmed and we all said 'don't speak too soon.' While it still hasn't be officially announced, this fully confirms it as it has direct quotes from the man himself. Bloody stoked with this!!!

From the Sydney Morning Herald,

Burgess fired up as Redfern return gets green light​

Sam Burgess has been given the all clear by the NRL to return to the game in a coaching capacity. His former club, South Sydney, are comfortable he has ticked every box required.

Souths wanted to make sure he was doing everything by the book. They didn’t want to leave themselves exposed to any kind of threat or accusations from rival clubs or Burgess haters in the media that they snuck him back into the game without meeting the NRL’s demands.

Souths quietly inquired with the game’s bosses and they have given him the green light.

“I’m confident I’ll be able to add value in what Souths are paying me to do, to be an assistant coach,” Burgess said.

“I’ve learnt a lot in a short space of time with the Orara Valley Axemen [in Group 2]. We got the team back on top and now we are in a grand final, next weekend.

“Building a club from scratch is quite an experience and I’ve been doing a lot of work on myself.
I’ve done it to be a better person and to be the father to my kids that I want to be.”

A big reason Burgess accepted an offer to coach at South Sydney, over the Dolphins and supercoach Wayne Bennett, was proximity to his children.

“I don’t need to say how much I miss them,” he said. “They are my life.”

Burgess is more motivated than ever to succeed.

“This time away from the NRL has relit the flame in me,” he said. “I’m a competitive person and excited for my next steps.”

Burgess was fined $30,000 in March and banned from the NRL for taking illicit drugs and threatening Roosters rival Billy Smith. However, he was cleared of domestic violence allegations.
Awesome news

callmack1

Staff member
From Sporting News, not sure I agree with Matty here,

'The refereeing has never been better' - Matty Johns defends on-field officials

A number of former players have praised the level of officiating in the NRL, while claiming the bunker is primarily responsible for the majority of incorrect rulings.

“The on-field refereeing – I actually think people are unfair about it,” Matty Johns said when appearing on SEN’s Breakfast with Vossy & Brandy.

Johns argued that refereeing used to be far more inconsistent, but people’s nostalgia had skewed that fact over the intervening years.

“If you go back and watch a lot of the old games, you realise you look back with rose-coloured glasses,” Johns claimed.

“But it was the age where everyone just got on with it. I think, as a general rule, the refereeing has never been better.”

Australian Rugby League Commission boss Peter V’landys has helped to implement a number of key rule changes in recent seasons. These were introduced with the main aim of increasing the speed of the game.

However, with the focus on making the product as quick as possible, in order to receive increased revenue from broadcast deals, the game has become more difficult to police.

The referees have had to adapt on the fly to a number of these rule alterations, including the set restart.

“When you consider the pace of the game and the changing rules – it’s never been harder to adjudicate,” Johns said.

Greg Alexander agreed with Johns’ assessment of where the game stood in relation to the officiating.

“It’s not the on-field bloke, it’s the bloke that sits up in the box,” Alexander said.

“He makes a [decision] after everyone’s seen something different to what he has seen. That’s what makes people irate.

“The referees make split decisions in seconds and we can all live with those.

“It’s the bunker. It’s not the on-field man. It’s the bloke who gets 10 looks at it.”

“The one where they get two minutes to stare at it- that’s where they’re wrong,” Johns added.

Last weekend, the bunker came under fire once again after it decided not to overturn a referee’s decision during Newcastle’s match on the Gold Coast.

“The ball is grounded- we all see it,” Andrew Voss said.

“The bunker does not see it. The only person on the planet who didn’t see it was the bunker.”

Jacob Saifiti seemingly scored under the posts for the Knights, but it got sent up to the bunker as a ‘no try’. Despite video evidence showing the ball being grounded, the bunker refused to award it.

“I called that game, so I was on the Gold Coast and we were live. We saw him score the try live,” Cameron Smith argued.

“The bunker replays it and replays it and say ‘we’re supporting the on-field decision’.

“We’re sitting in the commentary box just bewildered.”

Smith conceded that one week out from finals, his confidence levels in the bunker to act decisively wasn’t where it should be.

“Low. Confidence is low…. Below 50%,” he said.

Meanwhile, Johns claimed his confidence levels had waivered after witnessing their inability to rule correctly over the weekend.

“I do not busy myself too much as far as match review and bunker- I don’t think about it a lot,” he admitted.

“But with the Saifiti one when you see it down and go ‘well, I know it’s a try, but will they give it?’

“Yeah, I get it. Confidence is pretty low.”

Eric the great

Juniors
What a wanker is Kent he lives in dream land thinking every team is on the same salary cap the rorters would have given him huge overs compared to souths probably looked after his parents by given them a new car through old nick and to say souths and rugby Australia can’t identify talent look at the amount of juniors in souths rorters would be lucky to have two juniors in there team they can’t develop their own suali is a good player but it’s not the end of the world he is a traitor teams can’t compete with the money the rorters throw around

Latest posts