What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

Be interesting to see what happens with the SS - Chooks were putting in a side ?- mixture of players not getting game time in RMC with the Silktails or in Jersey Flegg with the Chooks

Even if they don't take a dime off a club like Bondi Utd, wouldn't it be good publicity for Easts to "affiliate" with a local team for the SS to promote local Eastern Suburbs footy? Previously they used Kingsgrove, who are (on a good run) 40 minutes from Easts Leagues.

Just a thought that 9 cans of Guinness have brought forward...

rightleftin

Juniors
St Marys beat Mounties 10 tries to 2. Not a lot of regulars in the St Marys team but they did have Sam McKendry, Antonio Pelesasa and Henry Seumanu up front with Brown and Scanlan at the back.

In the following NSW Cup trial won by Mounties 2 tries to nil, there were many St Marys players in the "Penrith" team.

rightleftin

Juniors
Camden has picked up David Minute and Danny Fualalo from Cabramatta. Camden will have former RMC players, Mason Cerruto and Brad Speechley, sharing the captain coach role.

Last edited:

rightleftin

Juniors
The games at Maitland are:

4pm Maitland Reserve grade vs Newcastle Flegg
4.45 pm Macquarie Scorpions reserve grade vs Newcastle Flegg
6pm Maitland 1st grade vs Newcastle NSW Cup

rightleftin

Juniors
The Illawarra comp has now increased to 8 teams with the addition of a second team from the Cronulla district ie DLS Caringbah.

So this is official for the Sydney Shield?

2022 NSWRL Sydney Shield #SydneyShield details 👀

🏉 Kickoff 20 March
📆 18 rounds (16 games + 2 byes each)

9 teams ⬇️
🦅 Belrose
🤝 Brothers Pen.
🔵 Cabramatta
🐮 Hills
🐏 Moorebank
🦅 Ryde-Eastwood
😇 St Marys
🐓 Syd Roosters
🏁 Wenty

I think if they were serious they could get both Cabra and Belrose back up or at least a team or 2 to replace them.
Apparently there is a meeting between the SS clubs and NSWRL. I have an uneasy feeling about the result
Any news on this meeting if held that is

Butts74

Juniors
So this is official for the Sydney Shield?

2022 NSWRL Sydney Shield #SydneyShield details 👀

🏉 Kickoff 20 March
📆 18 rounds (16 games + 2 byes each)

9 teams ⬇️
🦅 Belrose
🤝 Brothers Pen.
🔵 Cabramatta
🐮 Hills
🐏 Moorebank
🦅 Ryde-Eastwood
😇 St Marys
🐓 Syd Roosters
🏁 W
I think cabra and belrose have pulled the pin I’m pretty sure not 100% tho

Tigers1986

Juniors
Comp is less than a month away and there's absolute jack in terms of details from NSWRL about the structure of the Shield or Illawarra Cup. Ridiculous.

NRL needs to examine the NSWRL board and action needs to happen - mismanagement year upon year upon year is a detriment to the game.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
what we have here is a situation that could be fixed with some funds and support for the clubs. But instead the NRL has decided to give the overpaid players in the top 30 an increase in pay.
I guess we just need to remember if you aren't going to play NRL (first grade) you just don't matter, so if the NRL did an investigation they would just close the comp :)

rightleftin

Juniors
Wenty have a home game in round 1 of Shield, prior to RMC game. Clearly the clubs have the draw but they choose not to tell anyone.