What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

possm

Coach
With Bud's signature it's all falling into place. We've got the makings of a team that will challenge for the 8 in 2022 and could do even better in 2023 ( although we need to get Amone and Sloane sorted before the Dolphins start circling ).
What I'm happiest about is we'll have some size in the forwards with the addition of Molo, Woods and Burgess up front, each coming in at between 5 and 15 kilos heavier than Lawrie, McGuire and JDB. Add other big guys elsewhere on the park like Kerr, Su'a, Suli, Rav and Moga, if he gets a run and we've got a lot more momentum and go forward than we've had in years. Add a mountain of off-load ability in this team now with Kerr, Woods, Burgess, Bird and Molo ( as well as Ford and Alvaro ) all good at getting a ball away and we'll trouble oppositions all day. Go forward and plenty of second phase with Hunt, Amone, Sloane and possibly Bud at 9 all capable of making the most of that giving us a lot to look forward to next year.
Our pack in 2021 lost us 9 of our last 10 games, in most of which we showed little fight and lost convincingly (the single win was by 2 points) and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them find themselves either lucky to be on the bench or more likely playing NSW Cup. If you were handing out jerseys based on 2021 contributions JDB, Sims, Burns, Lawrie, McGuire and McCullough could all face disappointment.
They're tipping us for the spoon again. I couldn't understand them tipping us this year and I find it harder to fathom for next year. Even with Covid, BBQ-Gate, suspensions galore, a lack of home games and a real rag-tag bunch of misfits this year we were still only a couple of wins out of the 8. I'd say we're a lot better off going into 2022, you'd be mad to think otherwise.
We are all happy Sullivan signed on the dotted line however, his best position is in the halves alongside Amone. So, does this mean Hunt moves to 9 or will it be that Sullivan goes to 9 in the opening rounds?

In my opinion, our spine looks much more dangerous with:
1. Sloan
6. Amone
7. Sullivan
9. Hunt
14. Mbye

kit66

Bench
We are all happy Sullivan signed on the dotted line however, his best position is in the halves alongside Amone. So, does this mean Hunt moves to 9 or will it be that Sullivan goes to 9 in the opening rounds?

1. Sloan
6. Amone
7. Sullivan
9. Hunt
14. Mbye

Yes 100% I want to see Bud and Junior at 6&7 at some stage next year with Hunt at 9, that would be the way to go but I was thinking Hook will stick with Hunt at 7 to start the year. Just a hunch. He'll want Hunt guiding Amone (and the team) from Halfback, get one of the kids settled in first then work bud into the mix. I'd even be happy to see Bud as the bench utility ahead of Mbye, just to give him game time. I think Bud is more ready for full time in first grade than any of the young fellas but it's up to Hook and Co.

Dragons4me

Juniors

1. Sloan
6. Amone
7. Sullivan
9. Hunt
14. Mbye

That's the way moving forward.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I can not see Hook starting Sullivan in front of Macca or Mbye. I think he will have to bide his time in reggies

I also believe this will happen. Bud most likely will start in KOE Cup, with Hunt at 7 and Jr at 6. Macca will start at hooker and Mbye as the 14.

Mbye can cover multi positions if required and would be used to cover most of the backline as well as hooker.

possm

Coach
I agree Possm with your spine, but i think Sullivan will start off the bench and fill in as hooker.
Yes it could be possible that Sullivan starts off the bench and would most probably be very effective in the 14 positions. However, this would mean that we wasted a whole heap of money on the other two potential utilities Mbye and Bird.

I can't go past the thought of Sloan, Armon, Sullivan, and hunt (at hooker). Mbye at 14 makes a lot more sense to me.

In this way, the whole off-season and the early rounds could be used to work on already established combinations between Sloan, Amone, and Sullivan. The Dragons would also have the fallback situation of being able to swap Sullivan and Hunt on the field without using one of their interchange numbers.

With Sullivan now signed, it is McCullough who is the fly in the ointment. Hunt is the current QLD hooker not McCullough!

Dragon David

First Grade
I also believe this will happen. Bud most likely will start in KOE Cup, with Hunt at 7 and Jr at 6. Macca will start at hooker and Mbye as the 14.

Mbye can cover multi positions if required and would be used to cover most of the backline as well as hooker.
I agree that Hook will start with these guys and Sloan at the back.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Matt Feagai
3. Moses Suli
4. Zac Lomax
5. Mikaele Ravalawa
6. Junior Amone
7. Jayden Sullivan
8. Francis Molo
9. Ben Hunt
10. Jack De Belin
11. Jaydn Su'a
12. Tariq Sims
13. Jack Bird

14. Moses Mbye
15. George Burgess
16. Josh McGuire
17. Billy Burns/Aaron Woods/Blake Lawrie/Tyrell Fuimaono

Apparently that side is the favourite for the spoon. Give me a f**king break.

Last edited:

hewi

Bench
1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Matt Feagai
3. Moses Suli
4. Zac Lomax
6. Junior Amone
7. Jayden Sullivan
8. Francis Molo
9. Ben Hunt
10. Jack De Belin
11. Jaydn Su'a
12. Tariq Sims
13. Jack Bird

14. Moses Mbye
15. George Burgess
16. Josh McGuire

Can u place a bet we won’t get the spoon?

BBTB

Juniors
1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Matt Feagai
3. Moses Suli
4. Zac Lomax
6. Junior Amone
7. Jayden Sullivan
8. Francis Molo
9. Ben Hunt
10. Jack De Belin
11. Jaydn Su'a
12. Tariq Sims
13. Jack Bird

14. Moses Mbye
15. George Burgess
16. Josh McGuire

So who is playing #5?

Dragon David

First Grade
1. Tyrell Sloan
2. Matt Feagai
3. Moses Suli
4. Zac Lomax
5. Mikaele Ravalawa
6. Junior Amone
7. Jayden Sullivan
8. Francis Molo
9. Ben Hunt
10. Jack De Belin
11. Jaydn Su'a
12. Tariq Sims
13. Jack Bird

14. Moses Mbye
15. George Burgess
16. Josh McGuire

Your post shows Rava as our #5. Don't understand why BBTB has shown Rava missing?!!

Latest posts