What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

possm

Coach
If B Smith is available, we should go after him with all guns blazing.

I'd like to recruit one more prop

If Sims goes, we will need a like for like replacement.

epDragon62

First Grade
If B Smith is available, we should go after him with all guns blazing.

I'd like to recruit one more prop

If Sims goes, we will need a like for like replacement.
Doubt that we'll get the Cheese.

Another big bad prop would be good but we need better than like-for-like with Sims. I love Tariq on fire but the inconsistency is not good enough; we need better.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Hope Su'A holds his form when he comes to us......have been really impressed with him these past few weeks....hes displaying that he has a very smart footy brain....now we need one more decent prop and I know it wont happen but we need to replace AM sooner rather than later

Gareth67

First Grade
Hope Su'A holds his form when he comes to us......have been really impressed with him these past few weeks....hes displaying that he has a very smart footy brain....now we need one more decent prop and I know it wont happen but we need to replace AM sooner rather than later

Yes he certainly has been , he comes across as a real workhorse and will be one signing that won’t disappoint .

denis preston

First Grade
I was initially in favour of Klemmer, but watching his last game his hitups reminded me of Aaron Woods, more a stroll up than a hit up. If we could stir him up again, he'd be good, but I'm not so sure now.
Yes, the game now days takes a toll on these engine room guys.Great for a period of time but the incessant collisions take a toll on the body and even if it takes 10% off their efforts , it reduces them to merely reasonable NRL players and certainly not worth the 550k plus some are asking . Best years for some are 23 to 27. We have been burnt by this way too much with Simms, Frizzell & Graham as examples. The skill for the recruiter is to see this and as Bennett used to say "better to cut a player a year early rather than a year late " I applaud the Simms decision and hope this continues.

Gareth67

First Grade
Yes, the game now days takes a toll on these engine room guys.Great for a period of time but the incessant collisions take a toll on the body and even if it takes 10% off their efforts , it reduces them to merely reasonable NRL players and certainly not worth the 550k plus some are asking . Best years for some are 23 to 27. We have been burnt by this way too much with Simms, Frizzell & Graham as examples. The skill for the recruiter is to see this and as Bennett used to say "better to cut a player a year early rather than a year late " I applaud the Simms decision and hope this continues.
Good post Dennis - what you have said explains it in a nutshell .

Carlton

Juniors
I was initially in favour of Klemmer, but watching his last game his hitups reminded me of Aaron Woods, more a stroll up than a hit up. If we could stir him up again, he'd be good, but I'm not so sure now.
Just as a comparison:

Lawrie similar minutes, less than 100 run metres on average, about the same number of average tackles, 2.28 missed tackles per game.

Vaughan similar minutes, similar average run metres, similar average tackles, similar average missed tackles.

Why I think Klemmer is an upgrade is where and when he runs while making his metres. Many of Lawrie's and Vaughan's runs were later in the tackle count and Lawrie is continually turtled with a slow play the ball. Klemmer does more work right up the centre earlier in the tackle count and sets a platform with a fast play the ball.

Lawrie misses getting to marker too often and falls off tackles because he is gassed/ struggling to get to the runner due to a lack of mobility. He also gives away a lot of six agains late in the tackle near our tryline.

The thing I have noticed about Klemmer is he seems to have dropped a lot of weight and lost some of the impact he had. I think that he needs to regain a bit of the weight he lost and he would be even more effective.

Walpole

Juniors
Klemmer's an interesting one. He's been a good player in the past, just wonder if the current game is making it too difficult for a big unit like him. Still, at 6'6 and about 115 kg, if we could get him for a good price, there'd be the potential to split 80 minutes between him and George Burgess each week so that we've always got one real big body on the field.

TruSaint

Referee
Klemmer's an interesting one. He's been a good player in the past, just wonder if the current game is making it too difficult for a big unit like him. Still, at 6'6 and about 115 kg, if we could get him for a good price, there'd be the potential to split 80 minutes between him and George Burgess each week so that we've always got one real big body on the field.

Yes a big body mate, but a very mobile one.
Can still make an impact and as mentioned by @Carlton , its his quick play the balls, and early hit ups that count.

Latest posts