What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

kit66

Bench
Like who?

Yeah, that's the same question our pathetic club decided to ask themselves in early October rather than months ago when they knew they were set to lose a third or more of their Squad of 30. It's part of the problem isn't it. ( they could have easily let more go but that's another debate ). It's because of this complete lapse of management that we're now scraping the absolute bottom of the barrel. The boys club was too busy jostling for the best spots at the trough.
July 6th we sacked our best prop ( a needless knee-jerk overreaction in itself ) and to date haven't replaced him with kind although we could have gone hard and got TPJ, Klemmer or even the Saifiti's with a good offer or poached someone with the money we were paying Vaughan.
There's a long list of players who were still available in June, July, August that we could have chased and given we are currently one of the most cashed up clubs there's plenty of contracted players we could have had a shot at tempting them to seek an early release and join us.
But no, there we were 1st October with 5 empty seats on the bus headed for the last bus stop outside the Special School.

jeffdragon

Bench
I don't think there is any superstars on the market now for 22 .
And even if there was we would be saying we paid overs for them.
And also would they want to join us or not is the big question.

kit66

Bench
Exactly. That's the whole issue, the young high quality players are not exactly queuing up to play for us. We need a couple of decent seasons before we can start attracting those kinds of players without paying well over the odds.

Bullshit. Money talks.

jeffdragon

Bench
Yeah, that's the same question our pathetic club decided to ask themselves in early October rather than months ago when they knew they were set to lose a third or more of their Squad of 30. It's part of the problem isn't it. ( they could have easily let more go but that's another debate ). It's because of this complete lapse of management that we're now scraping the absolute bottom of the barrel. The boys club was too busy jostling for the best spots at the trough.
July 6th we sacked our best prop ( a needless knee-jerk overreaction in itself ) and to date haven't replaced him with kind although we could have gone hard and got TPJ, Klemmer or even the Saifiti's with a good offer or poached someone with the money we were paying Vaughan.
There's a long list of players who were still available in June, July, August that we could have chased and given we are currently one of the most cashed up clubs there's plenty of contracted players we could have had a shot at tempting them to seek an early release and join us.
But no, there we were 1st October with 5 empty seats on the bus headed for the last bus stop outside the Special School.
Two names there.TPJ goes missing in games-
How much did the dogs pay for him.?
Overs I reckon and klemmer has been ordinary for Newcastle as rumours were around the knights could offload him.
A lot of average joes we have got rid of except for Vaughan and Mcinnes
Let's see what 22 brings.

kit66

Bench
I don't think there is any superstars on the market now for 22 .
And even if there was we would be saying we paid overs for them.
And also would they want to join us or not is the big question.

3 sentences we've seen on here many times, all cliches, all the pathetic excuses of a victim mentality ( not you personally Jeff, many fans from many clubs have uttered the same ), it's what our pathetic club have reduced us to, the result of a losing and pretty toxic culture.
If you walked into any corporate conference room armed with excuses like that you'd be clearing out your desk shortly after.

boardlumps62

Juniors
I liked Vaughan but some games he just didn't get involved. Sure he set up a couple and barges over occasionally but why did he get that way. Was he Mary's love child and got his nose out of joint when we sacked Mary.

epDragon62

First Grade
I think suggestions that getting rid of Vaughan was a knee jerk reaction are off the mark.

The club would've factored in a lot more than the one event and we should probably be applauding them. I would not want the club to be slagging the guy in the public eye either but that doesn't mean he didn't give them good reason.

Trifili13

Juniors
I read the Vaughan dismissal as simply seizing the opportunity to reclaim cap funds they didn't want to pay.

Compared to the wet-newspaper slap for Munster and Vaughan was treated harshly. But if Vaughan was as crucial to the Dragons success as Munster is to the Storm's then the outcome may have been different.
Although we will never know, but what would have happened to Munster if Storm still had Hynes as a ready replacement.

Also, if the players were no names saying they could not remember what the white powder was, how many weeks suspension would they have received. Even Bellany all but admitted what it was yet the NRL was weak when it came to handing down sanctions.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Let's rip this clickbait site apart.
For starters I doubt they even know what positions the kids play let alone why we let them go.

I don't think Wishart or Riolo will be a loss, Toby is a good half but let's look who we have.
After Amone and Sullivan we have Trey Barlow who played SG ball
Then we have Kynan Clough the half and captain of Steelers Matts team.
We have signed Kade Reed who will be our next Matts half.

For every player who leaves I could name 3 we have signed.
It's not so much other clubs watching us but managers doing their job spuiking unsigned players to other clubs.
These days sons strictly following in the footsteps of their fathers is the exception not the rule. From a sentimental point of view seeing Dean Young’s reaction after the 2010 GF was something very special but you can’t blame kids with famous names wanting to walk their own path.

ALSGI

Bench
I read the Vaughan dismissal as simply seizing the opportunity to reclaim cap funds they didn't want to pay.

Compared to the wet-newspaper slap for Munster and Vaughan was treated harshly. But if Vaughan was as crucial to the Dragons success as Munster is to the Storm's then the outcome may have been different.
Vaughan’s salary would have definitely been considered but at the end of the day he was fined (and suspended?) for his first Covid breach then hosts a bbq for half the squad for his second Covid breach. Club did the right thing and I’m sure some one at NRL would have been ‘guiding’ them because we’re so popular at NRL HQ.

Decision on Munster and co is a complete joke but they won’t survive a repeat offence.

BIG RIG

Juniors
I’m assuming that Jack Gosiewski has been signed pretty much because we were after Ofahiki Ogden from the Dogs but he has been done for cocaine so they settled for Gosiewski

Yow

Juniors
3 sentences we've seen on here many times, all cliches, all the pathetic excuses of a victim mentality ( not you personally Jeff, many fans from many clubs have uttered the same ), it's what our pathetic club have reduced us to, the result of a losing and pretty toxic culture.
If you walked into any corporate conference room armed with excuses like that you'd be clearing out your desk shortly after.
Have a panadol and a nice cup of tea and have lie down

Draginzaaar

Bench
How do you know we didn't chase these guys? Inside info?

randomdragon

Juniors
I’m assuming that Jack Gosiewski has been signed pretty much because we were after Ofahiki Ogden from the Dogs but he has been done for cocaine so they settled for Gosiewski
Didn’t you say we would announce woods and moga signing today? What happened to that?

Latest posts