What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

Lethal25

Juniors
Don’t agree with this besides McInnes, a few points;
Loss of Vaughan: Easily compensated by the gain of Molo, Woods and Gurgess.

Loss of Dufty: Easily compensated by the rise of Sloan.

Loss of Norman: Easily compensated by the rise of Amone/Sullivan

Loss of JP: Suli, massive upgrade. Plus Ramsey and the Feagai boys with another off season under the belt.

McInnes: Agree but Mbye should help add a bit of spark to compensate and Macca is as much of a workhorse as McInnes probably not as dynamic though.
Mostly seems reasonable except I would led with the below

Loss of Norman: Easily compensated by the loss of Norman

George Dragon

Juniors

Mbye to the Dragons makes the top 11 and Woods to the Dragons, Dufty to Bulldogs and Taylor to the Warriors get an honourable mention. Now Burton might not excel at the Dogs as much as he has shown in the Panthers system, but surely he deserves more of a mention as a big move and potential game changer than the guys I mentioned above.

There's another Foxtel article that says Sims is coming off a strong season for the Dragon's. Obviously the reporter has not watched any Dragon's games since 2018.

You missed Sua @ 9
And Suli gets a mention at 20.
So 4 recruits in the top 20, but we have recruited poorly.

Burton has to be top 3, maybe it's the same reporter who missed Lomax from our best 13.

redv13

Bench
Not a rumour but I just read Brett Morris is joining Jason Ryles as assistant coach at the Chooks.

Once Griffin is inevitably sacked next year for being useless there are a few ex Dragons out there in assistant coaching roles. Just saying..,,
You’re such a flog. I hope Hook kills it next year and gets re signed then you can go find yourself a big bucket of di**s to chew on. Your constant death riding of the coach after 1 season is very poor form from a supposed supporter

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade

possm

Coach

Mbye to the Dragons makes the top 11 and Woods to the Dragons, Dufty to Bulldogs and Taylor to the Warriors get an honourable mention. Now Burton might not excel at the Dogs as much as he has shown in the Panthers system, but surely he deserves more of a mention as a big move and potential game changer than the guys I mentioned above.

There's another Foxtel article that says Sims is coming off a strong season for the Dragon's. Obviously the reporter has not watched any Dragon's games since 2018.
I'd say Sims started the season fairly well with a couple of charge downs and a few tries in the early rounds. His defence was solid leading into the SOO series; that is why he was selected however, like in previous seasons he and many of his colleagues fell away and barely performed at reserve grade standard.

denis preston

First Grade
There would have to be a huge improvement from Sims to justify his $800,000 salary IMO.
Yes, one thing that has come out is the hugh contracts for forwards not paying dividends. Packer, Simms,
Yes, I agree! Just goes to show an example of some of the ridiculous contract decisions made by Mary and Millward.
Poss, it was at one stage a trend by sides out of the 8 to play catch up by paying massive overs. Managers had a field day playing one against the other. Packer & Mbye at Tigers etc. Norman & Simms for us but in a way you couldn't predict how far Simms Dragons form would fall. I hope the Debellen upgrade wasn't Hooks idea as i am still flabbergasted to how he could get a 150 -200k upgrade by not playing for 2 years ! You could get a very good at least equal younger replacement with that money.
People on here are criticising "money ball " but short contracts on low or incentivised money sure makes your salary easier to work with so we will see it in action this season. from my perspective at worst they cant all be duds and one or 2 will have good seasons joining the new forward signings to form a top 8 pack , something we didn't have last season.

Dragon David

First Grade
Jason Demetriou wasting no time signing another ex Dragon in the name of Siliva Havili. He played when Demetriou was coach of the Illawarra Cutters and they won the competition. Taane Milne and Jacob Host also at the Bunnies both played in the win in 2016.

Havilli is tough and is a good defender and Demetriou knows how to get the best out of him.

RedVDave

First Grade
Not a rumour but I just read Brett Morris is joining Jason Ryles as assistant coach at the Chooks.

Once Griffin is inevitably sacked next year for being useless there are a few ex Dragons out there in assistant coaching roles. Just saying..,,
Because promoting ex-Dragons to head coaching roles within the club has worked so well for us in the past.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Jason Demetriou wasting no time signing another ex Dragon in the name of Siliva Havili. He played when Demetriou was coach of the Illawarra Cutters and they won the competition. Taane Milne and Jacob Host also at the Bunnies both played in the win in 2016.

Havilli is tough and is a good defender and Demetriou knows how to get the best out of him.
I rate Havilli, very handy bench player with his coverage of Hooker and Back Row.