What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 starting 17? and BAs tenure

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's my fear if he is told in the next 2-3 months that he won't be extended beyond next year. That 2022 will be a write off and a lot of those players off contract at the end of 2022 depart. We'll be starting from scratch in 2023....
Not necessarily a bad thing. As long as we have our 2023 coach sorted early enough and our player recruitment/retention has us fitting enough player talent under the salary cap we can jump straight into 2023 like nothing had changed. That's why you have a football department instead of just a head coach doing everything. There's a couple of Roosters coaches who won premierships in their first season. Why not Zoidberg?

b5644e3d37de1d6065d38d9f84726394.gif

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Which is why we go all out for Trent Robinson for season 2023 and before anyone says it won't happen. Who would have thought that Bennett would go to Saints or Hasler to Canterbury.

It happen$.
Saints obviously took out a home loan to get Bennett, and they've been struggling to make their repayments ever since. But when Hasler left Manly for the Dogs, Canterbury were a rich club and Manly weren't.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
so you wouldn't have him in the 17 next year ?
WTF? He's still in our top 17 players. Gary was just suggesting Drown won't necessarily be getting massive offers to jump ship.

Personally I think he will, but it'll be based on potential rather than his current attacking ability.

Incorrect

Coach
Yeah he might want a longer commute from his house in Randwick.
Mate, he could move to The Ponds or Ropes Crossing in one of those 200 metre square parcels of land just down the road from our CoE . Sorted. Nice and short commute, could prolly walk it at a stretch. He might need to find a concreter to finish the driveway, otherwise, happy days....

Gazzamatta

Coach
Should the inevitable happen and BA is not re signed as Coach, lets hope our club finds an appropriate position within our club befitting his worth and in recognition of his loyality to The Eels. Id hate him to be lost from our club. Not jobs for the boys but a position where he genuinely adds value. Make it happen Jimmy Sparkles.

Noise

Coach
Should the inevitable happen and BA is not re signed as Coach, lets hope our club finds an appropriate position within our club befitting his worth and in recognition of his loyality to The Eels. Id hate him to be lost from our club. Not jobs for the boys but a position where he genuinely adds value. Make it happen Jimmy Sparkles.
He will get a head coaching job with another club within a year or two.

Rocket man

Juniors
Junior Pathways

jason taylor

Bench
My point exactly. Havilli is my first choice but there are always other options. Who would have suggested Lussick this time last year. Im also confident Joey could have easilly played 13.
I’d go make a play for Jazz Tevaga. He’d be a very handy 14 to have.

emjaycee

Coach
My point exactly. Havilli is my first choice but there are always other options. Who would have suggested Lussick this time last year. Im also confident Joey could have easilly played 13.
The risk is that if they cant play in the middle then we are wasting a utility spot on the bench to cover the backs. And with our preference being a strong forward pack, then who covers the backs? That's the dilemma I guess.

Gazzamatta

Coach
The risk is that if they cant play in the middle then we are wasting a utility spot on the bench to cover the backs. And with our preference being a strong forward pack, then who covers the backs? That's the dilemma I guess.
I guess its a matter of whats more important. Rheeds heart is bigger than Phar Laps but his body is hardly bulletproof. Is it pure coincidence hes often injured or just bad luck. When you have such a valuable asset you dont flog it to death. You manage it wisely. Additionally how often did our 17th man get less than 15 minutes game time?

Happy MEel

First Grade
Think we start with a similar side to that of the semi finals of 2021

Obviously Reed comes in at 9

Is it true Sivo will miss a good chunk of the start of the season? Might be a good opportunity for someone else to put their hand up Russel? maybe even Waqa there?

Sivo hopefully more agile and quicker when he returns. One dimensional power game isn’t enough. Very impressed with Dunsters rise .

I’m guessing , but I’d say board give BA first 10-12 rounds, all going well may get a one year extension?
I think Sivo’s chances of returning more agile and quicker after an ACL are slim to none. If anything, I think he’ll be less agile and slower. Throw that in with a bit of tentativeness and his general laziness, I think he’s really going to struggle next year.

emjaycee

Coach
I guess its a matter of whats more important. Rheeds heart is bigger than Phar Laps but his body is hardly bulletproof. Is it pure coincidence hes often injured or just bad luck. When you have such a valuable asset you dont flog it to death. You manage it wisely. Additionally how often did our 17th man get less than 15 minutes game time?
Rheed isn't often injured mate.
He's played 73 out of 85 games we have played since he debuted and of the 12 he missed, 9 have been from his current shoulder injury.