What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 starting 17? and BAs tenure

Bandwagon

Staff member
He will get a head coaching job with another club within a year or two.

If the Tigers had half a brain they'd snap him up. I reckon he's exactly the kind of no bullshit no ego coach they need to begin to turn the place around.

84 Baby

Referee
Mate, he could move to The Ponds or Ropes Crossing in one of those 200 metre square parcels of land just down the road from our CoE . Sorted. Nice and short commute, could prolly walk it at a stretch. He might need to find a concreter to finish the driveway, otherwise, happy days....
I know a granny flat he could rent that’s definitely in walking distance to the training grounds. Can even pick up a slurpee on the way

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Tyrone Peachey. Off contract and can cover hooker, halves, edge, center and middle (13)
WouId be a good signing. But ready on MMM suggested he is asking $1.2m over 3 years, thus the reason he is still unsigned…

Gazzamatta

Coach
Rheed isn't often injured mate.
He's played 73 out of 85 games we have played since he debuted and of the 12 he missed, 9 have been from his current shoulder injury.
He was lucky or unlucky last year when his injury coincided with Covid. 9 weeks wasnt it.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I guess its a matter of whats more important. Rheeds heart is bigger than Phar Laps but his body is hardly bulletproof. Is it pure coincidence hes often injured or just bad luck. When you have such a valuable asset you dont flog it to death. You manage it wisely. Additionally how often did our 17th man get less than 15 minutes game time?
Often injured? How many injuries do you think he's had? Before this year he hardly missed a game. If your best players can play you needle them up and send them out there. Get them surgery in the off season. It's why they're on the big bucks.

Noise

Coach
WouId be a good signing. But ready on MMM suggested he is asking $1.2m over 3 years, thus the reason he is still unsigned…
That’s only 400k a year, a bit over the median salary. For a guy that covers multiple positions and fits exactly what we need in a bench utility I don’t think it’s massive overs. We were going hard for Kotoni Staggs but missed out. We haven’t signed anyone else so there must be some money left.

emjaycee

Coach
Often injured? How many injuries do you think he's had? Before this year he hardly missed a game. If your best players can play you needle them up and send them out there. Get them surgery in the off season. It's why they're on the big bucks.
I had forgotten and Gazza remined me that Reed was out for 9 weeks or so last year, just didnt miss a game because of the covid shutdown. A little bit like being injured in the off-season and making your return in round 1, who notices.

Eelementary

Post Whore
He needs to be.

How so?

At his best, he is also one of the most skilful fullbacks - his passing, and kicking, games are great.

His main issue is lack of explosive speed.

He's string enough to break tackles, as we saw on the weekend.

If a better option comes along, then maybe look at it.

But right now, he's doing a bloody good job.

hindy111

Post Whore
That’s only 400k a year, a bit over the median salary. For a guy that covers multiple positions and fits exactly what we need in a bench utility I don’t think it’s massive overs. We were going hard for Kotoni Staggs but missed out. We haven’t signed anyone else so there must be some money left.

400k a year is fine if in best 13. But for a bench option/utility? No way

Noise

Coach
400k a year is fine if in best 13. But for a bench option/utility? No way
Melbourne seem to be really struggling with Harry Grant on similar money. Manly are also doing terribly with Dylan Walker coming on as a bench utility on double that.

strider

Post Whore
Melbourne seem to be really struggling with Harry Grant on similar money. Manly are also doing terribly with Dylan Walker coming on as a bench utility on double that.
do you see peachy playing dummy half to rest mahoney? ..... or just a utility cover other positions type role?

Noise

Coach
do you see peachy playing dummy half to rest mahoney? ..... or just a utility cover other positions type role?
Resting Mahoney and / or playing as a bench 13 for most games. And covering for injuries in those other positions when needed.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I had forgotten and Gazza remined me that Reed was out for 9 weeks or so last year, just didnt miss a game because of the covid shutdown. A little bit like being injured in the off-season and making your return in round 1, who notices.
Mate Rheed is a legend. He needs to be protected from himself. He plays last night Ive no doubt we win.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The problem is that Peachey is already 30. I thought he was worth $400k this year but he will probably be worth less next year, and could be worth less than half of that in three years. It's a risk.

Latest posts