What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Targets

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
The player most clubs have given up on, but now we have Fitzy could be Kotoni Staggs, for last couple of weeks it's been Broncs about to sign, but it just seems to drag on.
Maybe Staggs is thinking this Kevvy can't coach.
Staggs will be a NSW player sooner then later Fitzy is nsw assistant coach.
I think it might be worth the club going after him, give him what Duges is on.
We would send the Broncs into melt down landing him
Gotta agree.... misses a few tackles but is a freak in attack.

Stake Removed

First Grade
The team 2022 see far taking kennedy, Talakai, rudolf, Tracey re-sign and club confident they will.

1. Kennedy.
2. Katoa.
3. Ramien.
4. JT.
5. Mulitalo.
8. Uele.
9. Brailey.
10. Rudolf.
11. Wilton.
12. Graham.
13. McInness.
14. Tracey.
15. Nikora.
16. Talakai.
17. Pele.

We need to get 2 halves with a truck load to spend, and then look at some good priced veterans, and a strike centre

R-15-3

Juniors
The team 2022 see far taking kennedy, Talakai, rudolf, Tracey re-sign and club confident they will.

1. Kennedy.
2. Katoa.
3. Ramien.
4. JT.
5. Mulitalo.
8. Uele.
9. Brailey.
10. Rudolf.
11. Wilton.
12. Graham.
13. McInness.
14. Tracey.
15. Nikora.
16. Talakai.
17. Pele.

We need to get 2 halves with a truck load to spend, and then look at some good priced veterans, and a strike centre
The days of spending money on a Center are over!! probably the cheapest and easiest to fill position on the field in today’s game.

bluefox68

Staff member
The days of spending money on a Center are over!! probably the cheapest and easiest to fill position on the field in today’s game.
Debatable...

This has been discussed recently on this forum...

A good centre acts as a pivot to the whole defensive line.

If the centre slides, all slide. If the centre moves up, all move up...

Also, you can’t underestimate a Kotoni Staggs-type weapon!

Stake Removed

First Grade
And Staggs fits the bill, they get flogged tonight again the Donkeys.
They sign Karmichael Hunt.
If that dosent tell Staggs how about the club is, and only reason to stay would be cash

Tiger Shark

Bench
As much as I'd like Staggs, don't think I want to go spending 700k or what ever on a centre just this moment.

If we're going for marquee signings rather we have a crack at Reynolds, maybe Pappi if Storm don't extend him before November.

Plus I honestly think the club really rates Jensen and think he's not far away. Maybe why they're lookign at Chambers so not to rush Jensen in. I'm sure Chambers can teach him some stuff, hopefully not the how to be a merkin bits.

R-15-3

Juniors
Debatable...

This has been discussed recently on this forum...

A good centre acts as a pivot to the whole defensive line.

If the centre slides, all slide. If the centre moves up, all move up...

Also, you can’t underestimate a Kotoni Staggs-type weapon!
Depends how you see it, $800k on a half, back rower, hooker, fullback, prop is more important than a $800k Center. I’d even go close to valuing the top 5 wingers over the top 5 centres in the game. A good Center is a great asset but at the cost of better players inside or out of them is pointless.

cb4

First Grade
Trent Barrett held talks with Brent Naden as he heard we are circling him.

bmaccc

Juniors
2022. Assuming we have no money spare now. Is this a fair guess/summary, being conservative?

Lose Moylan -> sign Reynolds/Moses (similar money)
Lose Woods -> sign Liu, plus some change
Lose Dugan -> sign Coates or similar, plus some change
Lose Chad, gaining McInnes (similar money)
Talakai re-signed
Re-sign Kennedy, Rudolf & Tracey on new bumped deals using change, and SJ on slightly less money?

I think it's great that we've got some big contracts ending but some of our best young guys aren't exactly going to re-sign on the same money as they're on now. They're going to want some of that warchest or surely the titans or someone will offer them.

This Brandon Smith/Paps talk is exciting but I just don't see where the extra ~$1.5m is coming from

2022. Assuming we have no money spare now. Is this a fair guess/summary, being conservative?

Lose Moylan -> sign Reynolds/Moses (similar money)
Lose Woods -> sign Liu, plus some change
Lose Dugan -> sign Coates or similar, plus some change
Lose Chad, gaining McInnes (similar money)
Talakai re-signed
Re-sign Kennedy, Rudolf & Tracey on new bumped deals using change, and SJ on slightly less money?

I think it's great that we've got some big contracts ending but some of our best young guys aren't exactly going to re-sign on the same money as they're on now. They're going to want some of that warchest or surely the titans or someone will offer them.

This Brandon Smith/Paps talk is exciting but I just don't see where the extra ~$1.5m is coming from
Coates?? Where did that come from?