What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Team

Old dog

Juniors
Agree potentially yes but worried Young lacks experience and Lee is injury prone but fit and well both good. Our strongest position/depth is wing with Hunt and Tuala more than capable

Johns Magic

Referee
Toohey is saying Mann has the 13 jersey currently.

In that case I’d hope and expect:

1. Ponga
2. Lee
3. Best
4. Gagai
5. Young
6. Milford/Crossland
7. Clifford
8. Dan
9. Randall
10. Jacob
11. Frizzell
12. Barnett
13. Mann

14. Klemmer
15. Sue/Momoisea/Saulo
16. Fitzgibbon
17. Sasagi

Jono078

Referee
Toohey is saying Mann has the 13 jersey currently.

In that case I’d hope and expect:

1. Ponga
2. Lee
3. Best
4. Gagai
5. Young
6. Milford/Crossland
7. Clifford
8. Dan
9. Randall
10. Jacob
11. Frizzell
12. Barnett
13. Mann

14. Klemmer
15. Sue/Momoisea/Saulo
16. Fitzgibbon
17. Sasagi
Basically what I'm expecting also with the exception I think Clune is the frontrunner to partner Clifford in the halves.

Jono078

Referee
If Clune is the halves partner, then who wins the bench spot out of Crossland and Sasagi, that'll be interesting.

I'd say Crossland based on experience but Sasagi might be the better "13" off the bench and Mann possibly moving to hooker for a bit.

ryan.a87

Juniors
Toohey is saying we will fill 3 of our remaining 4 roster spots before round 1….surely that just means Milford and 2 upgrades

Jono078

Referee
Toohey is saying we will fill 3 of our remaining 4 roster spots before round 1….surely that just means Milford and 2 upgrades
He's been saying it for a while now... Not sure what the hold ups are?

Luki, Drinkwater still have to be favorites to get here but the longer the off-season goes why would you bother if they haven't had time to build combinations?

I'd put a line through Luke Brooks now too.

So basically I have NFI who's coming.

ryan.a87

Juniors
Just remembered Lee is still not technically top 30…..so he will be one of the 4, if fit

maybe Bailey Hodgson another?

Jono078

Referee
Just remembered Lee is still not technically top 30…..so he will be one of the 4, if fit

maybe Bailey Hodgson another?
Do you mean Josh? Or is Bailey not in that 30 either?

Possibly that new boxing hooker too actually.

Yosh

Coach
You guys are kidding yourselves if you think Hunt will be left out of the 17. He's our best winger at the club
I think everyone is making judgment after seeing him playing with the reserves.

I think he is the best winger at the club also, but, only a little better.

Johns Magic

Referee
I think when fit Edrick is our best winger.

Hunt second best, but he didn’t have a great 2021 and Tuala surprised to the upside so it’s not inconceivable Tuala is above him in the squad currently.

They are raving about Young at the moment and if he puts it together he will be a class above Hunt and Tuala. That’s a big if for me - he was a headless chook in first-grade last year.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Hunt got a raw deal last year.

Tuala at right centre inside was diabolical, and only got his mojo when he moved over to the left.

It was then that we incorporated Kurt Mann into our RHS attacking structure…need I say more.

Ponga’s unwillingness to return kicks doesn’t help either.

Old dog

Juniors
Agree on Hunt, playing right wing last season made very difficult with poor inside player.
Tuala was very good when eventually moved to left wing but Mann did Hunt no favours when it was his turn.
We have four good choices for wingers if all fit and well, Hunt or Young on right with Lee or Tuala on left.
I favour Hunt and Tuala as have doubts if Young is ready or if Lee will be fit

Jono078

Referee
Besides who played inside Hunt last year, he was also dealing with an injury and I have no doubt that impacted him.

Latest posts