What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022s whipping boy

I expect to be regularly baying for the blood of :

1) Daniel Alvaro
2) Jackson Ford
3) Josh Kerr
4) Josh McGuire
5) Hook - especially if he picks Mbye ahead of Amone or Sullivan

I mostly like the new signings, though and I'm still overjoyed that I'll never have to suffer the sight of Corey Norman besmirching the hallowed red V ever again.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I expect to be regularly baying for the blood of :

1) Daniel Alvaro
2) Jackson Ford
3) Josh Kerr
4) Josh McGuire
5) Hook - especially if he picks Mbye ahead of Amone or Sullivan

I mostly like the new signings, though and I'm still overjoyed that I'll never have to suffer the sight of Corey Norman besmirching the hallowed red V ever again.
With all the new second rowers Jackson Ford is going to have to have the breakout season of all breakout seasons to even make the bench.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
I hope no one becomes the whipping boy. I’m not on any drugs but maybe I should be because I feel optimistic about the 2022 season. Hook has signed a lot players that are being subsidised by other clubs. This has given us a lot more depth for the 2022 season and he has achieved this on a shoe string budget. You would have to be the supreme optimist to think all these players could recapture their best form playing in the mighty RED V but with the wealth of experience there it can be put to work to help bring through the next wave of juniors breaking their way into first grade. After so many lean years I’m hoping 2022 will be the beginning of something special like storming their way into the 8.

With Corey Norman now gone I'd love to know who we think will take his place as the forum whipping boy.
To be fair to the past and present whipping boys, its usually the coach who creates this phenomenon.
The reason why Corey, Lafai, Aitken to name a few were all whipping boys is because the coaches refused to drop them. I mean really, its wasn't Normans fault that the club payed him 850K to do F all and contribute nothing. And it wasn't his fault that he was named starting 6 for 3 years regardless of form.

Anyway, I think there could be a few players that could step up to the plate in 2022 but for me it will come down to Moses Mbye and Andrew McCulloch. I can see these two getting selected EVERY single week regardless of form and I think their best years may be behind them.

Brutalitops

Juniors
The mature answer is that we should move beyond whipping boys in general as this club is at times far too harsh on certain players as it is and feeds into a pretty toxic environment

However my answer is JDB. Has made the club look like fools on multiple occasions now and with a full preseason and no outside excuses left it's time for him to repay the faith or piss off

Maddragon99

Juniors
With Corey Norman now gone I'd love to know who we think will take his place as the forum whipping boy.
To be fair to the past and present whipping boys, its usually the coach who creates this phenomenon.
The reason why Corey, Lafai, Aitken to name a few were all whipping boys is because the coaches refused to drop them. I mean really, its wasn't Normans fault that the club payed him 850K to do F all and contribute nothing. And it wasn't his fault that he was named starting 6 for 3 years regardless of form.

Anyway, I think there could be a few players that could step up to the plate in 2022 but for me it will come down to Moses Mbye and Andrew McCulloch. I can see these two getting selected EVERY single week regardless of form and I think their best years may be behind them.
A slow start or another mid season fade out will make Griffin the obvious choice followed by Mbye & Suli.

I’m still not seeing the logic of signing Mbye if the plan was to buy 2 centres. With Lomax & Suli starting & Max Feagai & Moga as backups surely Bird could easily be the utility.

Given Griffin’s track record of curious selections I can easily see Mbye starting at 5/8 or Fullback which will automatically make him the whipping boy because he’ll be a block to either Amone or Sloan.

As for Suli he could be the buy of the year or a total bust, it’ll all depend on what attitude he brings with him. If his form drops off he’ll definitely get a good whipping in here.

I’m actually pretty optimistic about our forward pack, a lot of experience & depth. Big upgrade on ‘21.

The mature answer is that we should move beyond whipping boys in general as this club is at times far too harsh on certain players as it is and feeds into a pretty toxic environment

However my answer is JDB. Has made the club look like fools on multiple occasions now and with a full preseason and no outside excuses left it's time for him to repay the faith or piss off
A bit harsh. JDB was consistently one of our best in every game he played.

Crush

Coach
A slow start or another mid season fade out will make Griffin the obvious choice followed by Mbye & Suli.

I’m still not seeing the logic of signing Mbye if the plan was to buy 2 centres. With Lomax & Suli starting & Max Feagai & Moga as backups surely Bird could easily be the utility.

Given Griffin’s track record of curious selections I can easily see Mbye starting at 5/8 or Fullback which will automatically make him the whipping boy because he’ll be a block to either Amone or Sloan.

As for Suli he could be the buy of the year or a total bust, it’ll all depend on what attitude he brings with him. If his form drops off he’ll definitely get a good whipping in here.

I’m actually pretty optimistic about our forward pack, a lot of experience & depth. Big upgrade on ‘21.
That last paragraph about our forwards, experience and depth, not so effective…

Maddragon99

Juniors

I can’t believe how naive I was when I posted this comment. It really was just more of the same this year.