What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023-2028 next tv deal discussion

westerntiger

Juniors
1. Once Tassie coming in 2026 AFL will have a team in every state. Like cricket, it is truly national. The NRL cannot offer than to their advertisers.
Are you sure they're bringing Tasmania in? They still need to fund the perpetual cash drain that is the Giants. The Suns are also a basket case but are propped up by all the Vics who live on the Coast and watch their teams at Carrara

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Sure I know what they are doing.

It’s interesting that AFL could get this competitive tension, yet we couldn’t.

More like predictable with dopey Pete and the invisible man running the show. No wonder News Corp called him St. Pete.

Colk

First Grade
i asked the soap dodger this question
same to you

are foxtel paying 427 mill pa in this new deal ?
no fluff
or .. but but but , they wouldn't lie about it

is that the amount you think foxtel are paying ?

As I stated beforehand, they obviously are. Do you understand the legal ramifications on making a false declaration on a financial contract/agreement. News Ltd wouldn’t allow them to state that amount if it was incorrect (and it wouldn’t be in their interests to allow a falsely declared amount anyway because other sports will be after more money from them though)

I dont know what the three way split is. Until seven announce their share and if telstra tell us there’s then we can work out what fox is paying.

i was anticipating they’d do well with a deal of $550 so what do I know!
7 have indicated what they're paying .... do try & keep up

telstra won't be paying anymore , they get next to nothing as it is
so
foxtel have upped there payments to well over 400 mill pa , the amount left ....

ummmm
yea
nah

As I stated beforehand, they obviously are. Do you understand the legal ramifications on making a false declaration on a financial contract/agreement. News Ltd wouldn’t allow them to state that amount if it was incorrect (and it wouldn’t be in their interests to allow a falsely declared amount anyway because other sports will be after more money from them though)
hahahahaha

427 mill pa
have a bex & a lie down .............

Iamback

Coach
it clearly says
2024 -31

8 years .... which makes no sense at all
why would they start this new deal in the middle of the extension on the old deal 2023-24

plus
it said Ch 7 increased its payment by just .... 14%
but on which amount
the average of their last deal 2020-24 which was 146 mill pa
or the amount they're paying in 2023-24 which is 192 mill pa

if its the former the amount in this deal is 166.5 mill pa
if its the latter .. its 219 mill pa

take the telstra amount of 50 mill out of the 643 mill pa
you have 593 mill left for the 2 broadcasters

so we're lead to believe that foxtel are now paying as much as .....................
427 mill pa

ahhhhh.......... yea right hahahaha
& there are leprechauns running up burke street mall too

for not much change to the old format & assurances from Ch 7 & foxtel that they would not pay overs for these rights
Ch 7 have increased their payments by up to 50%
& foxtel have increased theirs by up to 90%

I smell aflol accounting here & hidden information on what the 4.5 billion ... actually covers ( length of deal etc ) in spades here

Which is why forget the spin

How much is 7 paying cash
How much is fox paying cash a year

Compare that to Fox
Sky NZ
Ch9

For League and there is the comparison

Not this including Telstra and other tricks used

Iamback

Coach
Lol, if the offical release is saying 7 years 2025-2031 then I think it’s fair to accept that’s what it is. Some more spin going on in here, just accept we have been fcked over and Vlandys is the main man responsible and join the Peter out movement lol

maybe this will be the wake up call the game needs. Smith knew it and was booted to be replaced by NSW RL morons.
Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane3 have to be the priority now to make the game truly national in its metro centres. f**k the suburban mentality right off. Grow the sport so tv are fighting over it like AFL.

They said they are paying 14% more.
Unless Fox is paying $400m a year then the numbers don't add up.

tri_colours

Juniors
NRL are such amateurs. Anyone that thinks otherwise is dreaming. Ontop of this AFL will get millions from their Tassie team.

Fk Vlandys. He really is the Judas of RL. 6 again and tv rights is too much. Unfortunately we won't get an media pressure pushing him out unlike Dave Smith
who knows? the AFL may even make a profit in '24.

Colk

First Grade
hahahahaha

427 mill pa
have a bex & a lie down .............

Again mate. You can spin and defend PVL as much as you want but he failed here. Big time. Instead of putting it out to tender and creating market tension, he just negotiated with his paymasters

There are also earlier reports in the thread about Seven increasing their outlay by 14%, so they are paying more.

All in all, if you want to argue or waste your time going over the finer details of how we are being smashed, be my guest but you are wasting your energies when it should be criticising V’Landys.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
It’s called competitive tension. You know what you should do rather than just negotiate with your current partners.

The other thing that makes this so bad is that our next deal won’t be very big now either. You can’t sell it to Channel 7 now because they won’t have the money. Pay would also be cash strapped (not that we seem to extract what we are worth in any case). It will Channel 9/Pay and nothing else. We’ll probably sell it to them for $450million and think deal.

V'landys virtually did the deal in a week at the worst possible time at least he is helping them out with their gambling arm.

Again mate. You can spin and defend PVL as much as you want but he failed here. Big time. Instead of putting it out to tender and creating market tension, he just negotiated with his paymasters

There are also earlier reports in the thread about Seven increasing their outlay by 14%, so they are paying more.

All in all, if you want to argue or waste your time going over the finer details of how we are being smashed, be my guest but you are wasting your energies when it should be criticising V’Landys.
so you believe foxtel are paying more then the entire NRL deal......... all by themselves ?

LeagueXIII

First Grade
It’s called competitive tension. You know what you should do rather than just negotiate with your current partners.

The other thing that makes this so bad is that our next deal won’t be very big now either. You can’t sell it to Channel 7 now because they won’t have the money. Pay would also be cash strapped (not that we seem to extract what we are worth in any case). It will Channel 9/Pay and nothing else. We’ll probably sell it to them for $450million and think deal.

What gets me is the AFL offer them Super Saturday games and Fox pay a motza for it .

Idris 84

Juniors
Lol so we are to believe that at a press conference with the ch7 owner Kerry stokes and foxtel ceo Patrick Delaney, that they were happy to sit there as the AFL wielded out made up figures that their companies were paying for the new rights? 🤣. Wow, just... wow.

Colk

First Grade
Lol so we are to believe that at a press conference with the ch7 owner Kerry stokes and foxtel ceo Patrick Delaney, that they were happy to sit there as the AFL wielded out made up figures that their companies were paying for the new rights? 🤣. Wow, just... wow.

It’s called being in denial

Latest posts