What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Comp Structure

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Their own website refers to them as vodaphone warriors in every news story and in their “about” page.

View attachment 55172
That first link calls them the Vodafone New Zealand Warriors though

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
make them their round 1 opponents from 2024 & all years after
in 2023 & their first comp game ever , it has to be the broncos
I'm not sure mate. The Broncos game will sell-out regardless in 2023, so will their first game regardless. I would keep the Broncos up the sleeve to make sure there are two sell-out games in their first season. Put them up against a normally low drawing team in their first Suncorp game to boost their average and also the NRL's average crowds.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
So many storylines

Dolphins v Warriors - the no location derby
Dolphins v Broncos - the Brisbane derby
Dolphins v Sharks - the Seaworld derby
Dolphins v Eels - the Underwater World derby
Dolphins v Titans - the 'we wanted the Dolphins mascot' derby
Dolphins v Manly - the SOO peninsular derby
Dolphins v Raiders - the shit loads of cash derby
Dolphins v Melbourne - the battle of the Sunny Coast derby

I'm not sure mate. The Broncos game will sell-out regardless in 2023, so will their first game regardless. I would keep the Broncos up the sleeve to make sure there are two sell-out games in their first season. Put them up against a normally low drawing team in their first Suncorp game to boost their average and also the NRL's average crowds.
no way in hell they sellout to anyone except the broncos
the roosters might get 40K in game one
but would get 40K in week 3 also

cowboys maybe 45K in game one
nah , no need to save the broncos in the dolphins first year.. roll em out game one.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
no way in hell they sellout to anyone except the broncos
the roosters might get 40K in game one
but would get 40K in week 3 also

cowboys maybe 45K in game one
nah , no need to save the broncos in the dolphins first year.. roll em out game one.
Their first game at Suncorp against anyone will sell-out on novelty factor alone. If you save the broncs for later, you are guaranteeing two capacity matches.

Last edited:

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Not sure why it comes up in the preview in Reds post, but it definitely doesn't say New Zealand. Here's a screenshot I took 5 minutes ago.View attachment 55295
I know it's been said many times over, but how big would the warriors be on both sides of the Tasman if they got their shit together for an extended period of time. They would be huge if they'd had a Melbourne like run for the last 14 years

Perth Red

Post Whore
I hope the 2023 season kicks off with Dolphins v Storm at Suncorp (Storm being the 2022 premiers :) ) .
Reckon the Dolphins are going to raid Storm hard so would be a juicy one, Bellamy v Bennett, good Storm support helping fill stadium etc.

Marlins

Juniors
First round of 23’ will go, 22’ premiers home game Thursday and Friday FTA Phins vs Broncs.
I’d like to see The Phins vs Chooks game become an annual event game on Good Friday or Easter Monday (The Beetson Cup). And an Anzac Day game at Suncorp every year featuring Broncs and one of the bigger Sydney clubs south’s, Eels etc.

I can see the likes of the current under forming or smaller Sydney clubs getting the early bye rounds, which in all honesty should be rotated each year between all clubs bar Warriors, Cows and Storm due to so much travel.

i can’t see magic round being a thing due to the odd number of teams. I do predict we’ll refer back to Suncorp Double headers. Maybe two a season with the Phins at one & Broncs at the other.

I like the idea of a whole round or two around origin time be taken to country areas. Crowds are generally affected, so what better time then to have a Bush round?

Perth Red

Post Whore
First round of 23’ will go, 22’ premiers home game Thursday and Friday FTA Phins vs Broncs.
I’d like to see The Phins vs Chooks game become an annual event game on Good Friday or Easter Monday (The Beetson Cup). And an Anzac Day game at Suncorp every year featuring Broncs and one of the bigger Sydney clubs south’s, Eels etc.

I can see the likes of the current under forming or smaller Sydney clubs getting the early bye rounds, which in all honesty should be rotated each year between all clubs bar Warriors, Cows and Storm due to so much travel.

i can’t see magic round being a thing due to the odd number of teams. I do predict we’ll refer back to Suncorp Double headers. Maybe two a season with the Phins at one & Broncs at the other.

I like the idea of a whole round or two around origin time be taken to country areas. Crowds are generally affected, so what better time then to have a Bush round?
Magic round earns the NRL a lot of money, its here to stay.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So with the tv deal done the new structure starting 2023 is confirmed.

all origins Wednesday night
no PI internationals mid season
No origin reduced bye rounds
26 rounds in total with each club getting 2 bye weekends over course of the season
everything else staying same

ryan.a87

Juniors
Having an odd number of teams with a different team having a bye each round is going to make SuperCoach interesting