What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
Need to make sure samoa don’t tour England next year so we get samoa vs tonga

England has had a World Cup and a Tongan tour they can’t expect sides full of nrl players to tour every year
Ever thought players might want to go on an international tour and get paid more than staying home?

Ralphy Twanger

Juniors
You mean RL, the sport that, while certainly not global, has professional players and teams in and / or from Australia, New Zealand, England, France, PNG and Fiji?

Yes, how embarrassing for us.
“Super League clubs hoping to delve into the overseas transfer market this year face a harder task than ever before as the financial clout of the NRL continues to expand.

The grim discrepancy between the salary caps of Super League and the NRL has been laid bare, figures that perfectly illustrate the difficulty facing clubs that are looking to bring in overseas stars for the 2023 season.

As it stands, the Super League has a base salary cap of £2.1 million for its top 25 players an average salary of £84,000 per year . Though there are eight dispensations tmit further spending, including the marquee player rule, club trained allowances and new talent pool rulings, for most”

There’s professional and there’s professional, some of the lower rated Super League players earn a pittance and have to work, some AFL country league players would earn more.

taste2taste

Juniors
“Super League clubs hoping to delve into the overseas transfer market this year face a harder task than ever before as the financial clout of the NRL continues to expand.

The grim discrepancy between the salary caps of Super League and the NRL has been laid bare, figures that perfectly illustrate the difficulty facing clubs that are looking to bring in overseas stars for the 2023 season.

As it stands, the Super League has a base salary cap of £2.1 million for its top 25 players an average salary of £84,000 per year . Though there are eight dispensations tmit further spending, including the marquee player rule, club trained allowances and new talent pool rulings, for most”

There’s professional and there’s professional, some of the lower rated Super League players earn a pittance and have to work, some AFL country league players would earn more.
Yet despite this the Super League is arguably the 3rd biggest Rugby comp in the world.

The Super League has teamed up with IMG to maximise growth over the next decade. A step backwards in this TV cycle should lead to big steps forwards I'm coming years.

I can't believe I've bitten and given this troll oxygen....

titoelcolombiano

First Grade

And yet SL players still earn a full time wage playing the game they love. Tell again how the AFL pro league is going in England? New Zealand?

Ok, ok, how about the amateur AFL comp in France? PNG? Fiji?

Alright, I'm being unfair. How is AFL going in Western Sydney? lol

Last edited:

Ralphy Twanger

Juniors
Yet despite this the Super League is arguably the 3rd biggest Rugby comp in the world.

The Super League has teamed up with IMG to maximise growth over the next decade. A step backwards in this TV cycle should lead to big steps forwards I'm coming years.

I can't believe I've bitten and given this troll oxygen....
I’ve set the hooks now, stop taking line!

Ralphy Twanger

Juniors
And yet SL players still earn a full time wage playing the game they love. Tell again how the AFL pro league is going in England? New Zealand?

Ok, ok, how about the amateur AFL comp in France? PNG? Fiji?

Alright, I'm being unfair. How is AFL going in Western Sydney? lol
‘Some’ players earn a full time wage, not all of them, semi professional.

Perth Red

Post Whore

SL can pay the 'outside of the top 20 NRL players more', also NRL cuts players loose who still have a couple of years in them and Sl is a better option than Australian second tier. lastly SL clubs can now sign two marquee overseas players, effectively paying whatever they want (or can afford) to 2 players. At some point a rich Sl club owner is going to splash the cash to get a big name.