What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Pneuma

First Grade
Let’s kick it off

My best guess

Eels Storm 23000
Warriors knights 15000
Panthers Broncos 19000
Sea eagles Bulldogs 15000
Cowboys Raiders 19000
Sharks Rabbitohs 12000 (capacity)
Dolphins roosters 30000
Tigers titans 13000

146000 (average 18300)

beave

Coach
NQ has most of the entire lower bowl, western and upper southern sold out and about 2/3 of the upper eastern is sold. Would be good to get 20k for the opening game and keep the average up around there for the whole year.

Pneuma

First Grade
NQ has most of the entire lower bowl, western and upper southern sold out and about 2/3 of the upper eastern is sold. Would be good to get 20k for the opening game and keep the average up around there for the whole year.
No idea what dolphins would draw so took the standard 30000

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
Let’s kick it off

My best guess

Eels Storm 23000
Warriors knights 15000
Panthers Broncos 19000
Sea eagles Bulldogs 15000
Cowboys Raiders 19000
Sharks Rabbitohs 12000 (capacity)
Dolphins roosters 30000
Tigers titans 13000

146000 (average 18300)
I got one of the last seats in the grandstand at the Tigers/Titans game, and that was a week ago. Look out Sydney here I come.

Wb1234

Referee
Broncos opening crowd was something like 14k

30k is a great start

it’ll be more anyway if it’s Sunday arvo game

Round 1:
Parramatta: Eels vs Storm - 20,000
Wellington: Warriors vs Knights - 15,000
Penrith: Panthers vs Broncos - 20,000
Brookvale: Sea Eagles vs Bulldogs - 15,000
Townsville: Cowboys vs Raiders - 19,000
Woolooware: Sharks vs Rabbitohs - 11,500
Brisbane: Dolphins vs Roosters - 45,000
Leichhardt: Tigers vs Titans - 13,000
TOTAL: 158,500
AVERAGE: 19,813

The Eels would have drawn a bigger crowd in virtually any other time slot. However, as returning Grand Finalists, they will definitely draw a healthy crowd in their first home game of the season (plus the weather forecast looks pretty good for Thursday).

Ticket sales don't seem to have set Wellington alight for the Warriors' return to town. It seems like a bit of a surprising move that they've taken their first home game away from Auckland, considering their core fanbase has been starved of home games since 2019.

As dual defending champions, the Panthers should get a close to capacity crowd in the 8:00pm Friday time slot, regardless of who they play. Again, the weather forecast looks pretty good for Friday in Sydney.

Seems Manly fans have snapped up tickets pretty quickly for their first home game of the season, but the weather forecast is mixed for Saturday and it may impact attendances. Same goes for Cronulla later that day.

Surprised to see the Cowboys tickets selling so well (noting how hot it is in NQ this time of year, and they've been scheduled in the late afternoon heat), but considering they had a great season in 2022 season, it looks like it'll be a great homecoming.

The Dolphins debut is really the biggest talking point of R1. Looking at the available tickets on the Ticketmaster website, it is close to a sell-out. The weather forecast doesn't look great at the moment for the Sunday in Brisbane however, and that may be a factor that keeps the crowd from hitting 50,000.

The Tigers have a generous draw to start the new year, and let's hope they can get some momentum going early with some new signings + a new coaching team. Weather in Sydney looks average for the Sunday so may also influence final crowd numbers.

Pneuma

First Grade
Round 1:
Parramatta: Eels vs Storm - 20,000
Wellington: Warriors vs Knights - 15,000
Penrith: Panthers vs Broncos - 20,000
Brookvale: Sea Eagles vs Bulldogs - 15,000
Townsville: Cowboys vs Raiders - 19,000
Woolooware: Sharks vs Rabbitohs - 11,500
Brisbane: Dolphins vs Roosters - 45,000
Leichhardt: Tigers vs Titans - 13,000
TOTAL: 158,500
AVERAGE: 19,813

The Eels would have drawn a bigger crowd in virtually any other time slot. However, as returning Grand Finalists, they will definitely draw a healthy crowd in their first home game of the season (plus the weather forecast looks pretty good for Thursday).

Ticket sales don't seem to have set Wellington alight for the Warriors' return to town. It seems like a bit of a surprising move that they've taken their first home game away from Auckland, considering their core fanbase has been starved of home games since 2019.

As dual defending champions, the Panthers should get a close to capacity crowd in the 8:00pm Friday time slot, regardless of who they play. Again, the weather forecast looks pretty good for Friday in Sydney.

Seems Manly fans have snapped up tickets pretty quickly for their first home game of the season, but the weather forecast is mixed for Saturday and it may impact attendances. Same goes for Cronulla later that day.

Surprised to see the Cowboys tickets selling so well (noting how hot it is in NQ this time of year, and they've been scheduled in the late afternoon heat), but considering they had a great season in 2022 season, it looks like it'll be a great homecoming.

The Dolphins debut is really the biggest talking point of R1. Looking at the available tickets on the Ticketmaster website, it is close to a sell-out. The weather forecast doesn't look great at the moment for the Sunday in Brisbane however, and that may be a factor that keeps the crowd from hitting 50,000.

The Tigers have a generous draw to start the new year, and let's hope they can get some momentum going early with some new signings + a new coaching team. Weather in Sydney looks average for the Sunday so may also influence final crowd numbers.
Great summary (crowd figures are better than mine too)

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
Any update on the potential crowd at Suncorp?
I expect those couple of big signings this weekend will be worth a few more at the ground as well.
There`ll be a buzz around the Dolphins` now, with real tangible signs they are going to reach the potential we`ve been hearing so much about.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
This is not correct unfortunately.

Tickets are released in stages on the ticketek website. At this stage no seats have been released in level 6, 7 and 5 north. There are still plenty of seats left on level 3 too. I think it will be closer to 30-35k come game day but hopefully more.

Iamback

Coach

Sadly they haven't got their dream Sat night all season

beave

Coach

Tickets are released in stages on the ticketek website. At this stage no seats have been released in level 6, 7 and 5 north. There are still plenty of seats left on level 3 too. I think it will be closer to 30-35k come game day but hopefully more.

I had the "pleasant" experience of trying to buy 10 tix in the 2nd tier corners for the darbz in rd2 last week on ticketek.

Absolute cluster of a website, ticketmaster shits all over it. It wanted the phone numbers of all the recipients of the mobile tickets before it would let me pay. Never had that requirement before but okay....... go to enter them in, there was nowhere to enter the other 9 phone numbers on the mobile website. I gave the phone to a workmate just incase i had a brain fart, no dice so i had to go back and make them PDF print outs, then my tickets were timed out. Go back to buy them, oh they're sold now, cheers merkins.

Go to get 10 more, they're now in the 3rd tier but if i get 7 and then add on 3 there's ones near each other back down on the 2nd tier NE corner. Let's do that, get the 7, get the 3 and those ones are now elsewhere in the stadium so i elect to move them to the 3 near my other 7, click on the 3 vacant seats behind the 7 'this selection does not match your previous quota selection'.........

f**k ticketek.

Suitman

Post Whore

This strategy from ticket selling agencies shits me to tears and I think it is disgusting.
Opening blocks or certain levels several at a time just does not work and frustrates the f**k out of fans.
Just announce the gig, open the whole stadium to ticket sales, and let fans buy/choose where they want to sit.
None of this staggered bays release selling ticket shit.
It doesn't work and it's why we rarely see completely sold out stadiums anymore, even though many events are announced as sold out.

Latest posts