What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

"ARL Commission boss Peter V’landys will hold formal talks with the Victorian Government on a proposed $15 million sell-off of the NRL grand final as rugby league explores taking the decider to AFL heartland."

If he`s only doing it to get the N.S.W. Gov`t. to pay more, by basically saying this is what its`s worth, which I have little doubt he is, it`s just a pity he wasn`t as tough with Nine and Fox when doing the broadcast negotiations.
Where would they play it though - MCG?

Vibing

Juniors
That article makes little sense. The writer contradicts themself over and over. Also are they saying that a large share of Swans attendees prefer RL? Seems odd. I reckon very few people have the time or the inclination to go to both AFL and NRL games.
the point stands
the aflol after 40 years still hasn't penetrated Sydney's main stream sporting landscape much past ex pats & snobs who used to follow toffball

TV coverage & ratings prove it
Dogs behaving badly ahead of the derps & dropsies last night indicates what Sydney Ch 7 exces think of the sport & they only put the Swans on the main channel because they're contractually obligated to.

Last edited:

Harry O

Juniors
Good game,awesome attendance. But it took 2 hours to get home,the fox studios car park took 45 minutes to get out,and once your out the traffic was horrendous. Ah well all worth it, as it was a good night out @ the footy

Valheru

Coach
Good game,awesome attendance. But it took 2 hours to get home,the fox studios car park took 45 minutes to get out,and once your out the traffic was horrendous. Ah well all worth it, as it was a good night out @ the footy

That car park has always been a nightmare.

Depending on where you live, suggest you park at some inner city train station and take advantage of the trains/tram. You will get home much quicker.

Harry O

Juniors
That car park has always been a nightmare.

Depending on where you live, suggest you park at some inner city train station and take advantage of the trains/tram. You will get home much quicker.
Where can you park? Central? But is their free parking anywhere?

bazza

Immortal
How many Parra fans went tonight, Now they have seen the Stadium won't go back for a few years?

Huge crowds are expected early, Keeping them is the challenge
Is the stadium so bad that they won't come back if Parra is playing a competitive game there again?

horrie hastings

First Grade
Try Kensington then take tram from there. I’ve done it for cricket

The little road that is at almost the corner between Anzac Parade and Alison Road used to be a sneaky parking spot (think it is called Tay St ) , still notice when driving past there are some unlimited parking spots there but you have to be lucky to jag one, the other thing if its a day game at the SFS with parking at Kensington, check whether it is a race day also.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Easts v Parra nearly 21k is a brilliant result for Thursday. Would have been 30k+ if a Friday
Plenty of Parra fans there last night.

I was in the corporate side and i reckon it was a 60/40 split to Roosters/Parra fans in that area.

Its certainly a better ground to watch footy then Homebush.

Would have loved it to be a friday night where could have got more.

Souths/Parra on a friday night should get 30k in Round 12.

yobbo84

First Grade
It's much easier and quicker for me to get to/from Homebush (though parking at Kensington and getting the tram is much easier now than driving to Moore Park).

But bloody hell Souths need to get back to Allianz, quick smart.

I think we'll end up split between both venues but Allianz is amazing and it's absolutely wasted on only one NRL club.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
It's much easier and quicker for me to get to/from Homebush (though parking at Kensington and getting the tram is much easier now than driving to Moore Park).

I think we'll end up split between both venues but Allianz is amazing and it's absolutely wasted on only one NRL club.
South’s should definitely look to host Thursdays and Fridays there for sure

It's Been Done

Juniors

The club should do a members poll to determine whether they stay at Olympic Park, move to New Allianz or do a split between the two venues. A few years ago, I heard that apparently 1 in 4 Souths members live in South-Western Sydney. Not sure if that's true though, but it would make the poll closer than most think

Latest posts