What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Kogarah wasn't even close to full today. WTF are they thinking shutting the gates at 17K? It seems to be happening with suburban grounds the last few years going over the top with limiting hills. The Storm game in 2018 had 20K with people comfortably sitting on the hill. Standing room only you could bump it up to 22-23K.

The fun police ruin everything these days its a joke.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Great crowd at Suncorp for Broncs v knights.. par in past would be 25k ..
Dolphins have really set a fire under Brisbane .. less Friday games for Broncos etc been awesome

Harry O

Juniors
Kogarah wasn't even close to full today. WTF are they thinking shutting the gates at 17K? It seems to be happening with suburban grounds the last few years going over the top with limiting hills. The Storm game in 2018 had 20K with people comfortably sitting on the hill. Standing room only you could bump it up to 22-23K.

The fun police ruin everything these days its a joke.
Due to safety reasons maybe they shut?

Harry O

Juniors
Well obviously thats the reason

but the question is....was it an over reaction ?
there was room for more people according to people who attended & there was no need to close the gates
Well it's their loss, they've probably lost another 50k maybe in gate takings,for being Silly Billy.

SouthsCountry

Juniors
Well obviously thats the reason

but the question is....was it an over reaction ?
there was room for more people according to people who attended & there was no need to close the gates
It's the people who were enterung via the main south gate and then staying on the hill and not moving down to the Northern Stand. There were plenty of seats at that northern end, but everyone wanted to be on the hill.

If they moved down, I dare say another 500 could have fit in the ground even with the safety requirements

Last edited:

It's Been Done

Juniors
It's the people who were enterung viabthe main south gate and then staying on the hill and not moving down to the Northern Stand. There were plenty of seats at that northern end, but everyone wanted to be on the hill.

If they moved down, I dare say another 500 could have fit in the ground even with the safety requirements
It's stupid that the Northern End is reserved seating for every game, even the Storm allocate parts of both the Swan Street and River ends of AAMI Park to walk up seating as well as several other grounds across New South Wales and Queensland

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
35,814 at Suncorp.

I think it might be our 3rd largest crowd against the Knights at the venue. 46k for the first Suncorp home game (which was working at a reduced capacity to ease opening pressures) and 37k for Wayne's last home game in 2008.

Level 7 is already open for a Sunday 2pm game against the Titans in a fortnight. Could be 40-45k for that.

1686390831241.png

Last edited:

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Great work Brisbane Broncos fans

Getting close to that NFL style stadium where you just know it will be a sellout or close every game for years..

SouthsCountry

Juniors
It's stupid that the Northern End is reserved seating for every game, even the Storm allocate parts of both the Swan Street and River ends of AAMI Park to walk up seating as well as several other grounds across New South Wales and Queensland
Don't know why they can't make decisions on the run...if seats are spare but people have paid $5 less for a hill ticket, who cares, that's where they should go.

The club would make more money from the 500 people who could then also enter at $25 a head.

jim_57

Staff member
it was 2009

when they led the comp tho

also
19,173 V Melb in 2018

but todays crowd is extraordinary because they're dead last !!

This year ladder position and form doesn’t seem to be affecting crowds as much as previous years. Origin rounds too so far for that matter.

There’s still been some shit crowds but nowhere near as often. Great to see.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Great work Brisbane Broncos fans

Getting close to that NFL style stadium where you just know it will be a sellout or close every game for years..
The Gabba is a shame and ruins the crowds against the Dolphins, Parramatta and the Roosters. If at Suncorp I think our next crowds would be.

Dolphins - 47k (reduced due to GA bays)
Roosters - 32-35k (Thursday)
Eels - 40k+

Instead I think they will be:
Dolphins - 35k (basically sold out already)
Roosters - 25k+ (Thursday)
Eels - 30k+ but could sell out.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
The Gabba is a shame and ruins the crowds against the Dolphins, Parramatta and the Roosters. If at Suncorp I think our next crowds would be.

Dolphins - 47k (reduced due to GA bays)
Roosters - 32-35k (Thursday)
Eels - 40k+

Instead I think they will be:
Dolphins - 35k (basically sold out already)
Roosters - 25k+ (Thursday)
Eels - 30k+ but could sell out.
Unfortunate but not end of world