What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Depth Chart

Frenzy.

Immortal
I doubt that. Taukamo stinks

Jury's out for me. I didn't see much S G Ball last year but I did watch the man child in the RLWC in a minnow team and he went OK for a kid who only just made the cut age wise.

Frenzy.

Immortal
the club has invested in him, but we know better, right?

They did, but just like any other club they invest on blokes, at probably a very high percentage, that are in the end run of the mill footy players.

It takes a person of tremendous fluffiness to follow with blind faith in regards to kids because the club invested in them.

Seriously, the club invested in blokes like Shaun Wessel, Curtis Scott, Jarrad Anderson, Corey Hughes, Jeff Robson ad infinitum

Put the fluff back in the teddy bear and don't get so defensive you pineapple

Tiger Shark

Bench
whats the deal with rivett do we know if hes with the club next season?
Haven't seen him in any of the pre season photos so far and given the current group training I'd imagine he would have been sighted by now but maybe he's got a longer break, or injured.

I recall we signed him for a few years, but not sure his status.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I thought the point was he was going for 2023.
That was what the Knights wanted, but like mentioned similar to Metcalf we aren't going to release him for free. I think Miller is key depth for us next year.

I bet if a team comes to the table for a player swap we'll consider it.

Speaking of Metcalf wonder if he's regretting his decision, sure he's probably making more money but CNK is getting the FB spot, they have SJ at halfback, Walker off the bench as super sub and probably first. I can't think who their 5/8th is but there's someone ahead of him there too.

Dont think he's seeing a whole lot more football there imo

Frenzy.

Immortal
That was what the Knights wanted, but like mentioned similar to Metcalf we aren't going to release him for free. I think Miller is key depth for us next year.

I bet if a team comes to the table for a player swap we'll consider it.

Speaking of Metcalf wonder if he's regretting his decision, sure he's probably making more money but CNK is getting the FB spot, they have SJ at halfback, Walker off the bench as super sub and probably first. I can't think who their 5/8th is but there's someone ahead of him there too.

Dont think he's seeing a whole lot more football there imo

They have snared Te Mare Martin as a 5/8.

ghoti

Bench
Yeah Metcalf went too early probably.. Warriors are of the most unpredictable market movers in town so something like that was likely. He'll play the season in Cup alongside Daijarn Asi as a back up instead of alongside Trindall for the Jets, so at least it's a sideways step with more money. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in an early season player swap

Special K

Coach
Asi already out the door over there and is now an Eel.

Metcalf and the warriors banked on an early release/covid 2020-2021 ball. Not sure the more normal 2022 style suits him.