What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 FW1 Fri - Brisbane 26-0 Melbourne @ Suncorp

Finals Week 1: Brisbane v Melbourne

• Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Melbourne Storm

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I expect our forward pack to make a big statement in this game. People think the Storm are still the Storm of old, but they're not. Nick Meaney is not in the same stratosphere as Reece Walsh in terms of ability.

Broncos by 14.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I am genuinely interested to see how we go against the Scum with our current full compliment all staying on field for 80 minutes. When we played in the regular season the first time, Reynolds went off at the 15th minute and didn't come back. The Scum got ridden hard by the refs that night as well with 2 Broncos sin bins.

All we need is the refs to give us a fair go, and even half properly police the ruck. If that actually happens for once, I think we have too much speed and flair for them.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Storm record against the donkeys is absolutely incredible. But i reckon Brissy are due. Plenty of weapons back on deck, full house and THE CHAMP on the jim beams in the stands. Broncs by 8.

GongPanther

Referee
Is Hughes playing? Big factor here. The chokehold the Storm have over the broncos is like no other I’ve seen.
Winner here is basically a free ticket to the GF as they get a home prelim v (likely) warriors, knights or raider.

despite all the evidence I’m going Brisbane by 8
For two of the past three years, we have played our qualifying finals at Olympic Stadium, with an exception being when we beat Parra 8-6 at the Stadium Mackay in 2021. NRL dictates the place where the semis are played, which at times are puzzling.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Storm record against the donkeys is absolutely incredible. But i reckon Brissy are due. Plenty of weapons back on deck, full house and THE CHAMP on the jim beams in the stands. Broncs by 8.
When it comes to drinking I'm very versatile. However Beam is only in emergencies.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Can’t watch Fridays anymore because I’m an idiot who is now employed. Lucky it’s only this game, match thread will be boring.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I tell my self on a daily basis my hair is due to grow back, Strom by 4 to continue the streak. They will make it an arm wrestle and i am still unsure how they will go in a big pressure game.

Wow racism from a Penrith fan, kind of shit you’d expect from a QLDer or Victorian

Sorry mate, I shouldn't have replied with that South Park gif, I have a thing for South Park and will put up a GIF if I see the opportunity (sometimes without thinking). But in this context it wasn't appropriate, so I apologise.

Latest posts