What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 FW1 Fri - Brisbane 26-0 Melbourne @ Suncorp

Finals Week 1: Brisbane v Melbourne

• Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Melbourne Storm

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mozza91

Coach
Reckon the Storm will get up in a tight one. Munster to pull his finger out and have a dominant Finals series.

GongPanther

Referee
You've tipped both sides to win. You're getting splinters in your arse from sitting on the fence.
You took my post too literally. I'm 95% on the Broncs, unless Paps can pull a Rabbit out of a hat, Storm won't know what hit them.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The "secret weapon" Brissy have this time is Walsh. Melbourne are going to do everything they can to take him out of the game (probably literally knowing them), Munster practically gave up the ghost to the media during the week, so the Broncs need a game plan that finds a way to prevent that, or at least mitigate their efforts enough that he can still weave his magic effectively enough to win.

The key to that is in the front row. Haas, Carrigan and Flegler need to just roll the dice with the refs and bring the aggression hard. Pound Melbourne up the middle so hard they're too shellshocked and desperate to halt them that Walsh becomes a secondary concern.

Valheru

Coach
The "secret weapon" Brissy have this time is Walsh. Melbourne are going to do everything they can to take him out of the game (probably literally knowing them), Munster practically gave up the ghost to the media during the week, so the Broncs need a game plan that finds a way to prevent that, or at least mitigate their efforts enough that he can still weave his magic effectively enough to win.
Reminds me of 2015 QF when RTS was on another planet. Melbourne completely nullified him in that game and won a tight contest. Bellamy is like Bill Belichick, he will make it so someone other than the best player has to step up to win.

One difference though is he had Cronk, Slater and Smith to execute that plan.

yobbo84

Coach
Just posting this as I thought the headline was champagne comedy -

Adam Reynolds has an 11.8% win record against the Storm (2 from 17), the worst of any of his opponents. He has won against them once since 2013. He has a positive win record (50%+) against every other team he has played over his career!

Combined with the Broncos record against the Storm, if the Broncos win it'll be one heck of a broken hoodoo.