What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 FW1 Fri - Brisbane 26-0 Melbourne @ Suncorp

Finals Week 1: Brisbane v Melbourne

• Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Melbourne Storm

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pneuma

First Grade
I very much doubt it's got anything to do with supporting the Storm. This mob are just way too predictable. IBM is up and about? Time to drag out the hatchets.
Strewth now you are the victim? You dickhead. You get judged on the crap you post. Deal with it.

_Johnsy

Referee
Can someone do a count back and see how many f**ken times some obsessed wanker came in here to talk about Penrith?

giphy.gif
Jagged Little Pill GIF by Alanis Morissette

Poor Papz.

If there's an upside it's that I think the average broken ankle recovery time is about 8 weeks? Ofc you don't know much til the x-ray and MRIs show how bad the fracture is and whether there's any ligament damage with it. But no reason he can't be back at ore season after Xmas break even with a pretty serious fracture.
My broken ankle was two operations, four weeks in plaster then six weeks in a moonboot.

My broken leg (five places) was zero operations, 22 weeks in plaster, one month physio and learning to walk again.

soc123_au

Staff member
I was only counting victories
Hopefully we get the chance to break the deadlock.

All trolling aside, you guys did what you needed to break the curse, I remember how good it felt when we finally beat them in Melbourne after some ridiculous amount of years, and that was just a regular season game.

As much as I hate to say it, Broncos are the real deal, the only thing I can see stuffing it up is Reynolds getting too old.

I hear Pap doesn't have a compound which is good. He's young, he can overcome this and be ready for next season while giving his knee a bit more of a rest.

I watched it on Kayo (fox) and they didn’t show a replay at all, which I was glad about.

Did 9 show a replay?

Not sure, I was watching on Fox. I don't think it was a replay actually, for reasons I wasn't watching the screen when it happened so I jumped back to see what happened. We had the ball so I thought it was one of our players initially.

Munky

Coach
The way the players and the ref reacted made it seem awful. Atkins turned around looked at him and immediately signalled to the sideline. Oddly enough his immediate no emotion processing of the situation was kind of impressive.

The Broncos have a very good starting side except maybe the nepo baby but he isn't a complete liability this year. Cobbo is Latrell like in his lack of attention to detail. He's a physical monster who can't catch a high ball cleanly and his moving off the mark playing the ball cost momentum.

Showtime

Juniors
Hopefully we get the chance to break the deadlock.

All trolling aside, you guys did what you needed to break the curse, I remember how good it felt when we finally beat them in Melbourne after some ridiculous amount of years, and that was just a regular season game.

As much as I hate to say it, Broncos are the real deal, the only thing I can see stuffing it up is Reynolds getting too old.
Given the age of both sides and quality of players signed long term, hopefully the next few years produces a lot of great game’s similar to that Broncos Cowboys period

some11

Referee
Lmao, is a Broncos fan actually crying because people are more focused on commenting on Paps injury rather than giving the Broncos credit (for beating a side that are very beatable these days)? FMD lol. That’s really sad.
This is what happens when you don't make an effort to go to the game.

Also Brisbane will never be anyone's bandwagon team lol. You need to have faced a heap of adversity (like the warriors) and not had much past success (like the warriors)

I find this "poor Paps" stuff a bit over the top. The only sportsmen I actually felt for were Phil Hughes (cricket) and Ayrton Senna (F1 racing). Both died doing what they did best. As far as Rugby League goes, Alex McKinnon and John Farragher top the list of horrific injuries. Not an inconvenience or a career ending injury - a f**king major life changing one.

Pap's injury is insignificant when compared to these. He WILL heal - the others I mentioned won't.