What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 FW1 Fri - Brisbane 26-0 Melbourne @ Suncorp

Finals Week 1: Brisbane v Melbourne

• Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Melbourne Storm

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

some11

Referee
Congrats Broncos. Absolutely deserved it. To those enjoying the Papenhuyzen suffering a potential career ending injury, take a look at yourselves.
Pick up the pieces and belt whoever you play next week. No way melb play that poorly two finals matches in a row.

mozza91

Coach
Broncos were good but Melbourne were atrocious. Couldn’t believe how bad they were. Play like that again and they’re out in straight sets.

Poor Papenhuyzen. He’s had so much bad luck to cop another serious injury is devastating.

Wizardman

First Grade
Broncos were good but Melbourne were atrocious. Couldn’t believe how bad they were. Play like that again and they’re out in straight sets.

Poor Papenhuyzen. He’s had so much bad luck to cop another serious injury is devastating.
I think Melbourne have done extremely well to make the top four. I do not rate this years pack at all. A few sides from even outside the top eight have had their way over the Melbourne pack. The Melbourne backs have bailed the side out of a lot of situations. Bellyache I think will be looking for some forwards to fill a few holes next year.

bedlam breakout

Juniors
watching the game in the UK as a neutral with a slight leaning to Brisbane
1. amazing spectacle of sport although too much whistle blowing from the man in the middle stopping the game flowing
2. great broncos defence
3. souths must have to be the biggest idiots in RL to let Adam Reynolds go
4. awful luck for paps but he has a full off season to recover
5. is Justin Olam injured? they need something to shake up the back line
6'Herbie must be regretting signing for the dolphins instead of staying in this young exiting line up for years to come
7 if they win the GF they should give ST Helens or whoever a real challenge which the panthers cant seem to manage- is it 3 attempts and 3 defeats against SL clubs?

Bazal

Post Whore
Poor Papz.

If there's an upside it's that I think the average broken ankle recovery time is about 8 weeks? Ofc you don't know much til the x-ray and MRIs show how bad the fracture is and whether there's any ligament damage with it. But no reason he can't be back at ore season after Xmas break even with a pretty serious fracture.

_Johnsy

Referee
Maybe have a think about that, and then rethink some of your posts in this thread.

This could potentially end an incredibly popular player's career, and all you have done is cry that people aren't talking about the Broncos.
Only child syndrome, I'm sure he'll head over to see mummy to get all the attention he craves, although he has got a bit in this thread (all deserved). The only conclusion is he's a deadset merkin of a person.

Woody90

Juniors
Lmao, is a Broncos fan actually crying because people are more focused on commenting on Paps injury rather than giving the Broncos credit (for beating a side that are very beatable these days)? FMD lol. That’s really sad.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Lmao, is a Broncos fan actually crying because people are more focused on commenting on Paps injury rather than giving the Broncos credit (for beating a side that are very beatable these days)? FMD lol. That’s really sad.
Yes, but only one.

It's clear that the rest of us, while excited about our team, our thoughts are also with Paps. The entire club has been too - numerous comments and social media posts extending their thoughts.

blaza88z

Coach
I see people basically calling Pap's career a write off, not all compound fractures end careers, it really depends exactly where it is, Yow Yeh's was a career ender but his was in a terrible spot

Sphagnum

Coach
Can someone do a count back and see how many f**ken times some obsessed wanker came in here to talk about Penrith?

giphy.gif

moffla

Bench
I see people basically calling Pap's career a write off, not all compound fractures end careers, it really depends exactly where it is, Yow Yeh's was a career ender but his was in a terrible spot
Apparently it wasn’t a compound as first thought. If that’s true it’s a massive win in the scheme of things.
Even if it was, a lot has changed since Yow Yen’s injury in terms of the way these things are treated

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Yow Yeh ended up having 10 operations I believe. I remember reading an article somewhere where a surgeon described his ankle as 'minced and imploded' or something of the like.