What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 FW1 Sun - Newcastle 30-28 Canberra @ McDonald Jones

Finals Week 1: Newcastle v Canberra

• Newcastle Knights

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mongoose

Coach
Not sure there the worse finals team ever.

Matty Elliot's 2002 Raiders have the worst record to play in finals in the NRL era.

Won 10 games and a draw out of 24 games with a PD of -170.

I think Ricky's 2023 boys have them covered.
our 2004 side that came 8th was pretty terrible too lol

skeepe

Immortal
Anyway, I remain steadfast in my opinion that Ponga is doing a Jarryd Hayne and will take the Knights all the way to the grand final.

We’re not going to stop that happening.

This Year?

Immortal
Rugby league can be a cruel game.

On my dad's 40th birthday, the Raiders won their third premiership against the Bulldogs with a smashing performance. On my 40th birthday, the Raiders are going to be eliminated - badly - by the team I hate more than any other.

Such is life.
Mine is on Friday.
Everything makes sense now.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Rugby league can be a cruel game.

On my dad's 40th birthday, the Raiders won their third premiership against the Bulldogs with a smashing performance. On my 40th birthday, the Raiders are going to be eliminated - badly - by the team I hate more than any other.

Such is life.
If Skeepe senior turned 40 in 1994 and Skeepe junior turns 40 in 2023 (assuming he lasts another week) and 98% of Raiders losses are attributable to incompetent refereeing, how many texters has Ricky Stuart sent since he has been head coach of the Raiders?

mozza91

Coach
We should win. Can’t take Canberra lightly though they’ve had some very good performances in Finals over the last few years.

First time we’ve ever played each other in a Final too. Let’s turn this thread into a classic!

mongoose

Coach
its a shame raiders fans are so down on their team, this thread would be an all time classic.
Truth is Knights are going to pump us in the first ever finals meeting between these clubs.

Someguy

First Grade
If Skeepe senior turned 40 in 1994 and Skeepe junior turns 40 in 2023 (assuming he lasts another week) and 98% of Raiders losses are attributable to incompetent refereeing, how many texters has Ricky Stuart sent since he has been head coach of the Raiders?

I’m convinced! Skeepe is Ricky

King-Gutho94

Coach

Canberra fans are you bit annoyed Adam Elliott left after getting him off the scrapheap for 1 season. Walks out to join Millie Boyle in Newcastle.

Who ends up at the Roosters anyway.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Savage still can't get a run lol

Getting flogged and knocked out by the Knights is what we deserve.

Latest posts