What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 FW1 Sun - Newcastle 30-28 Canberra @ McDonald Jones

Finals Week 1: Newcastle v Canberra

• Newcastle Knights

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nick87

Coach
The ata no try is a bit strange
Like I’m 100% certain that ball hit the deck and I think there was enough evidence to overturn
But I also understand why they didn’t in some ways, since there was no smoking gun

but everyone who watches footy honestly says that’s a try

mave

Coach
I was watching the game from my spa at chez Pneuma when that try was disallowed. I thought to meself ‘that’s a try’ every replay they replayed. And there were plenty. Horrible decision.

How did the TV in the spa not electrocute you?

yobbo84

First Grade
The Raiders stretch every ounce of talent they have... it's a credit to the club. If my club did the same we would be Top 2.

Knights vs Warriors should be super entertaining next week.

nick87

Coach
Also re wighton
I didnt see any biting motion
The mark on gambles arm was visible so that might carry the day at the judiciary but he’s shoving his forearm in his mouth. And again I go back to not visible biting motion

not that I particularly care, they can give him 30 f**king weeks for all I care
He’s Souths problem now :D

mozza91

Coach
That disgusting no try when Mariota quite clearly got the ball to the turf ends up costing us.

Chris Butler and Ashley Klein are the only reason Newcastle are still alive. Absolute f**king bullshit.

f**k you NRL. You got what you wanted.
That makes it all worth it.

Seriously felt bad for Canberra though. They were the better team and were unlucky to lose.

Moaning about the ref is crazy though. Klein spent the first half doing all he could to get Canberra over the line. Not to mention the cannibal getting off scot free.

Exsilium

First Grade
I'm absolutely merkined but I don't have to wake up tomorrow. So YOLO

Up the Knights......or whoever won

perverse

Referee
Got a real kick out of that game
The raiders are a terrible football team who had no right being in the finals
I was expecting to be embarrassed

to push the knights all the way that far, genuinely tickled me just right
Mercifully our season is over and if the knights had that much trouble putting us away, they’ll follow us very shortly lol
Yeah may be the case, but I mean... we beat you with 20 minutes of good footy and a bunch of garbage. Let's not get too excited. Better luck next year!

nick87

Coach
Yeah may be the case, but I mean... we beat you with 20 minutes of good footy and a bunch of garbage. Let's not get too excited. Better luck next year!
If you told me pre game the knights played 20 minutes of good footy, I’d have told you they win this game 30-12

mostly my excitement is the season is over. This was a rooough year of raiders football and sneaking past the knights would have been hilarious, but getting f**king belted off the park by the warriors would have stunk

I am perfectly happy to go out on that game haha, that raiders team is the worst finals team you’ll see in 10-20 years

So one side of the draw has Penrith, Storm and Roosters, while the other Broncos, Warriors, Knights.

Did George Lucas script this finals series?