What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 26-24 Brisbane @ Accor

Grand Final: Penrith v Brisbane

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 62 72.9%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
I’m all for hanging shit on Penrith but this whole using blockers to stop the defenders getting Cleary is a pisstake.

Every team does it to some degree. To single out Penrith as if they’re the only side doing or even the biggest offender is incorrect and shows a basic lack of knowledge of the game. So no surprise it’s come from Crawley.
Has anyone seen a more obvious and transparent lopsidedness against a team from a media organisation, than Fox in a week leading into a grand final?

GongPanther

Referee
Its funny. Tallis accuses Penrith of rorting the cap because he says its impossible to win the comp without doing so. Which is indirectly saying Broncos were rorting the cap when he won it and if they win it this year they must also be rorting the cap.

He did it in defence of the Storm though rather than an attack on Panthers. But f**k me dead the merkin takes some weird stances.

That and being against punching in footy after Gallen decked Myles are my 2 favourites. It's like the dipshit forgot he ever played and what he did while playing.
With Gordie, the lights have always been on, but nobody has ever been home.

Nutz

Bench
There's been so much talk about the backline stars Walsh and Crichton and co but one guy that has flown under the radar is Tago.
Tago has eased his way back into the NRL since a lengthy layoff through injury. He is starting to hit his straps again and I think he'll produce in the GF.
Before his injury he was all class.
I'm predicting both Panther wingers to score doubles and NC to win the Clive Churchill Medal.
Panthers 26-12