What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 NRL draw

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
RUMOUR:

Tigers vs Panthers in Bathurst Round 9. For me that would be an amazing weekend getaway.

And hopefully tomorrow the talked about NZ game will be confirmed.

---------------------------

That Broncos schedule is very interesting. Suncorp not getting the 2 Dolphins games is interesting when just one week prior, Broncos play Gold Coast. I think the city would prefer Broncos/Dolphins at Suncorp over the Gabba.
Broncos lose Suncorp immediately following the Titans game and it doesn't become available again til the end of August - they can't play the return match at Suncorp as a result.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Broncos lose Suncorp immediately following the Titans game and it doesn't become available again til the end of August - they can't play the return match at Suncorp as a result.
Correct. I was getting at the Broncos surely wanting to capitalise on the Dolphins rivalry and having that one at Suncorp and not Titans, i.e swap the teams but keep the venues.

Still, it's going to be something odd to see NRL played at the gabba.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I don't think NQ goes out of their way to ask for home games early, they just ask for the QLD teams and the Storm to be up in NQ along with a couple of the weekends where there are events on (Laurie Spina shield) so they can maximise the crowd. They actually run the risk of shit gate takings when they have home games early in the season as the weather can be extremely unpredictable.

I know they used to ask to NOT have a home game on the Tvl Cup weekend, I remember in '04 we had a home game vs the Dragons the same day and it was carnage in the crowds. Peeps being on the champers and rums all day, throw in a game of footy at 7:30pm and you know how it all ends.....
I agree. I don’t think weather is really something the nrl consider as a high priority request. Canberra should choose to never play in July and august then.

Reckon sharks cowboys play for a Paul green cup beave? Will be disappointed if this isn’t a thing.

beave

Coach
I agree. I don’t think weather is really something the nrl consider as a high priority request. Canberra should choose to never play in July and august then.

Reckon sharks cowboys play for a Paul green cup beave? Will be disappointed if this isn’t a thing.

Well cyclones are still a threat in March up there so one day it will bite them on the ass. I remember in 2009 an early season game vs Penrith up there was moved to the early saturday time slot last minute to get the players and fans in and out of the stadium as there was the threat of a cyclone off the coast hitting Tvl 24 hours later. I feel it's not taken heavily into consideration mate and it's honestly a matter of when not if a game will get shit canned because of a cyclone.

Paul Green- I hope so mate. I know he left NQ both times unceremoniously but i don't think he realised how much respect we all had for him after 2015. You could tell the job was getting to him towards the end and I know it's easy to say this as an outisder, but he needed to be moved on. His demeanour turned hugely post 2018 and the Greeny that refused to make excuses in the early coaching stint went 180 the opposite direction and he was far too loyal to the older brigade and kept a heap of the older guys for far too long.

But all that is insignificant at the end of the day, both sets of fans had huge respect for him and it would be fitting to have some silverware in his honour.

Colk

First Grade

Very fitting.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

Tigers1986

Juniors
I'm sure FIFA will be loving that...not.

Be a true test of the crowd pulling power then for both games.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Broncos playing 18 of their 24 games in QLD. Wow.
I make it 17 unless you're counting Darwin as a defacto QLD venue.

Penrith, Darwin, AAMI, Accor, Napier NZ, Pointsbet, GIO

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Souths played 19 of 25 games in NSW this year. Wow.
To be fair there is 10 teams in NSW. 11 if you count Canberra. It’s not unreasonable to think that brisbane would have more out of qld than in qld when only 3 opponents are in the same state.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
To be fair there is 10 teams in NSW. 11 if you count Canberra. It’s not unreasonable to think that brisbane would have more out of qld than in qld when only 3 opponents are in the same state.
Yeah I get that logic, it’s quite obvious. My point was that any suggestion from NSW fans that 17 games in QLD for the broncos is an unfair advantage is classic when their teams might leave NSW less.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Yeah I get that logic, it’s quite obvious. My point was that any suggestion from NSW fans that 17 games in QLD for the broncos is an unfair advantage is classic when their teams might leave NSW less.
Sure but with more teams in NSW the potential a team remains there is higher. Statistically brisbane would expect to not have a higher % in qld and if they did would be quite odd.

skeepe

Immortal
Hahaha the team from the coldest region have 3 away games in Queensland in the first 6 rounds - including rounds 1 and 2 when it’s going to be stupidly hot. Cheers NRL, you really f**king hate us!

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Hahaha the team from the coldest region have 3 away games in Queensland in the first 6 rounds - including rounds 1 and 2 when it’s going to be stupidly hot. Cheers NRL, you really f**king hate us!
It’s only cold in winter, summer can get bloody hot there and you know it.

Can we collectively stop blaming the weather. 😂☀️