What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 NRL draw

Marlins

Juniors
all games have potential to sell out. So not the worst opening draw I’ve seen.
For Ratings wise I would’ve put the Dolphins/Roosters game on 8pm friday.
Oh man cowboys 4:30pm kick off, it’ll be a scorcher.

mxlegend99

Referee
This probably confirms that Penrith vs St.Helens
Will be two weeks prior to season launch, and the Saints vs Saints game will be the week before, with the dragons having the first week bye.
Honestly Panthers are probably against this idea. But I think scheduling the WCC for Round 1 of the NRL and giving the premiers the bye Round 1 would be an awesome way to kick off the NRL season.

Panthers still have 2x other byes. So i dont think the extra game should have any negative effect outside of potential injuries which could have happened if it were played through the trials aswell.

Only works when England are coming to Australia though.

Diesel

Referee
Another example of someone that has no idea of NQ weather in March controlling the NRL draw.

is the draw still made by a Canadian business?

Wb1234

Referee
Good to see channel nine showing the dolphins in round one

the increase in Brisbane tv viewers is going to result in major growth next year

Good to see channel nine showing the dolphins in round one

the increase in Brisbane tv viewers is going to result in major growth next year

The big question though is, will Channel 9 show the game live? I only ask as on Sunday 5 March 2023 will se daylight saving still applying in NSW, Vic and the ACT, so I wonder if the "4.05 pm" is AEDT or AEST? Cause if its AEST, that means it will beat 3.05 pm outside of Qld on the rest of the east coast.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
The big question though is, will Channel 9 show the game live? I only ask as on Sunday 5 March 2023 will se daylight saving still applying in NSW, Vic and the ACT, so I wonder if the "4.05 pm" is AEDT or AEST? Cause if its AEST, that means it will beat 3.05 pm outside of Qld on the rest of the east coast.
AEDT listed on the graphic.

simmo05

Bench
March is f**ken hot here still. They have rocks in their heads.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Is there some sort of conspiracy in the NRL to make the Raiders play in Townsville in the first few rounds every year.

I mean would it kill them to at least change it so they play us down here for once. That way the team from the least humid region isn't playing in NQ during the hottest and most humid part of the year, and the team from the warmest region isn't playing in Canberra during the coldest part of the year, and the quality of the games won't be compromised as a result.

Or even better, we could mix it up so we don't play the same handful of teams in the first few rounds every season...

The Great Dane

First Grade
All they'd be doing by pushing ahead with a pride round is inviting trouble, and they'll deserve it when it comes considering that the only reason they're doing it is to try and coerce players whom have misgivings into being silenced and participating without protest, which is immoral in and of itself, and sets a dangerous precedent.

No matter our feeling on the subject, the religious members of the playing group shouldn't be forced to participate in a Pride round any more than LGBT, or people whom support LGBT groups, should be forced to participate in a hypothetical Christian/religious round if they don't want to, and any attempts to try and force them to do so is just a classic example of the authoritarian element of society trying to enforce their preferred social norms on society.

We should really just get rid of all these stupid, divisive, pseudo-political, identity rounds, and work with some charities to hold some rounds that might actually have a universal positive benefit for society instead. Why not have things like mental health/suicide prevention round, or rounds to raise funds to research diseases, disability support, conservation, the list of potentially positive ideas that everybody can get behind is endless.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
the only reason they're doing it is to try and coerce players
lol.

yeah it's definitely not about allowing a minority that generally feels excluded or uncomfortable about some things, including sports, to feel that they're included.

Nobody was coerced (the players stood down, and returned the following week). Nobody was silenced (they made their views very clear). Nobody participated without protest.

No dangerous precedent was set.

Last edited:
Reactions: abc
not gunna lie its a pretty juicy round one with some enticing match ups based on how things ended up in 2022
should get 160K on its ear .... but
seriously the NRL & everyone else shouldn't be puzzled as to why there is a lot of conflict with the RLPA because this round is potentially very dangerous with games played in daytime in what could be horrendous heat

why are the Raiders going to Nth Qld & playing at 4.30pm in early March ?
Brookvale at 3pm ??... seriously ?
Brisbane at 3pm ?

Its not due to ground availability , I checked .
so why not the same games , just some day & venue changes

Thurs Penrith V Brisbane
Fri 6pm Raiders V Cowboys
Fri 8pm Dolphins V Roosters
Sat 3pm Warriors V Knights
Sat 5.30 Parra V Storm
Sat 7.30 Sharks V Souths
Sun 4.00 Manly V Bulldogs
Sun 6.15 Tigers V Titans

theres no good reason to be putting players health at risk with crazy kick of times & venues in Early March

those advocating the Storm should be playing as many games at home prior to the start of the racistball season

AAMI park is not available the first weekend of the NRL due to the Super rugby magic round being held there

Last edited: