What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 NRL draw

Ozzi_78

First Grade
It's all well and good to add points in groupings when there's just the two sets of byes (although IMO still pointless).

Doing it in 2023 when the byes are all so out of whack given there's one a week R1-12 then 7, 5, 1, 7, 5, 1, 7, 5 during Origin, then back to one a week, I'd argue adding bye points just makes it more unbalanced.
Agree. As I said before adding them or not adding them is just as wrong. The answer is to get team 18 as soon as possible.

Valheru

Coach
See above.

I think NFL gives points for byes? Or has done in the past. And in any number of knockout sports tournaments around the world, with either odd numbers or seeded teams with byes, when you have a "bye" it counts as a win and you automatically go through to the next round.

NFL doesn't have points at all, they just go on win/loss record so the byes dont effect the standings at all.

Thats what the NRL should do, points in general are arbitrary. Using the win/loss record would produce the same ladder at end of season.

Diesel

Referee
if the NRL say they’re not Sydney centric, they’re kidding themselves. NSW King Birthday weekend in NSW gets a game on Monday but if there’s a QLD public holiday on a Monday, there won’t be a game

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
if the NRL say they’re not Sydney centric, they’re kidding themselves. NSW King Birthday weekend in NSW gets a game on Monday but if there’s a QLD public holiday on a Monday, there won’t be a game
Heard of magic round?

(In case the context is not obvious - Labor Day usually falls the Monday before Magic Round - they won't put a Monday game on in QLD when all eight games are coming up there just four days later).

Otherwise the only other QLD public holiday Monday diff to NSW is the day after Grand Final

Latest posts