What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 NRL Match Review Charges & Judiciary

Apey

Staff member
So outside of Origin, grade 2 striking is 2 - 3 games but in Origin its match fee % fine?

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
So outside of Origin, grade 2 striking is 2 - 3 games but in Origin its match fee % fine?
Correct. Origin has its own penalty schedule - all First and Second Offence charges for Grade 1 and Grade 2 (except reckless high tackle) are varying levels of fines.

mozza91

Coach
So you can headbutt someone and get a fine but they’ll give you 4 weeks if you tackle someone around the legs?
What a system!

Meth

Staff member
So you can headbutt someone and get a fine

This is super weird. As ineffectual a headbutt as they may have been, they both clearly were headbutts.

Mind you, they treated Radley's pretty lightly earlier in the year.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

Dragons v Warriors​

Marata Niukore (Warriors)
  • Grade 2 Careless High Tackle
  • 43rd minute, on Moses Suli
  • Base penalty 2 matches
  • 3rd+ offence last 12 months
  • His options:
    4 matches: Guilty at judiciary or plea of no contest
    OR 3 matches: Guilty - early plea
  • PLEA: TBC
Jack de Belin (St Geo Illa)
  • Grade 1 Careless High Tackle
  • 76th minute on Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
  • Base penalty $1500
  • His options:
    2 matches: Guilty at judiciary or plea of no contest
    OR $3000: Guilty - early plea
AND
  • Grade 1 Dangerous Contact
  • 76th minute on Rocco Berry
  • Base penalty $1500
  • His options:
    2 matches: Guilty at judiciary or plea of no contest
    OR $3000: Guilty - early plea

Last edited:

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Wow, absolute BS for Marata, should've only been a penalty, not a send off, let alone almost a month away.

The contact to the head was more on the attacker coming down onto his shoulder than him bracing for impact.

Bazal

Post Whore
Wow, absolute BS for Marata, should've only been a penalty, not a send off, let alone almost a month away.

The contact to the head was more on the attacker coming down onto his shoulder than him bracing for impact.

He does about 3 of those hits every year. It could have been the lowest grading possible and he'd be looking at about 3 weeks tbh because he keeps hitting dudes in the head.

It's why I wasn't upset when he left Parra. Solid player, if limited, but an absolute liability

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

Broncos v Titans​

Reece Walsh (Brisbane)
  • Contrary Conduct: referred
  • 74th minute, on match official
  • Referred to judiciary, hearing Tuesday

Rabbitohs v Cowboys​

Cameron Murray (South Sydney)
  • 72nd minute, on Tom Dearden
  • Base penalty $1500
  • 2nd offence last 12 months
  • His options:
    $2500: Guilty at judiciary or plea of no contest
    OR $1800: Guilty - early plea
Jacob Host (South Sydney)
  • Grade 2 Shoulder Charge
  • 79th minute, on Tom Dearden
  • Base penalty 3 matches
  • His options:
    3 matches: Guilty at judiciary or plea of no contest
    OR 2 matches: Guilty - early plea
There were no charges from the Roosters v Raiders game on Sunday.

t-ba

Post Whore
Walsh should get hammered, but he probably won't.

Like jesus mate you gotta say that shit into every microphone?

skeepe

Immortal

Broncos v Titans​

Reece Walsh (Brisbane)
  • Contrary Conduct: referred
  • 74th minute, on match official
  • Referred to judiciary, hearing Tuesday

Rabbitohs v Cowboys​

Cameron Murray (South Sydney)
  • 72nd minute, on Tom Dearden
  • Base penalty $1500
  • 2nd offence last 12 months
  • His options:
    $2500: Guilty at judiciary or plea of no contest
    OR $1800: Guilty - early plea
Jacob Host (South Sydney)
  • Grade 2 Shoulder Charge
  • 79th minute, on Tom Dearden
  • Base penalty 3 matches
  • His options:
    3 matches: Guilty at judiciary or plea of no contest
    OR 2 matches: Guilty - early plea
There were no charges from the Roosters v Raiders game on Sunday.
Radley clocks Croker with a forceful swinging arm direct to the head and not charged? Ridiculous.

The commentary team on Fox said when it happened they thought he'd be in trouble as it was the 4th time this season he'd been charged for such an incident. That's why it has resulted in a possible suspension and not a fine like the previous 3 occurrences. Note the charge sheet states it was "3rd+ offence last 12 months", so its his priors that bump it up.

Walsh should get hammered, but he probably won't.

Like jesus mate you gotta say that shit into every microphone?

Well it has gonestraight to the judiciary so I doubt it will be just a fine for him somehow. There are media reports saying he was not talking to the referee but to another player. What Walsh seems to not realise that use of "offensive or obscene language" is misconduct under the rules of the game regardless of who you say it to.

When I was a junior league referee, I sent a player off for swearing at my touch judge in an U/17s game. At the judiciary, he said he was swearing at himself as prior to m ning him off, I had sin binned him, so he said he was swearing at himself for lettimng hius team down when the touch judge then ran past him and heard it. The rep;ly fromone of the judiciary members stuck in my mind forver after, he said "Son, I don't care if you are swearing at the moon, the stars or the sky above you used offensive language which is against the laws of the game".

I was waiting for the ref to call the captain over and tell him to get Walsh in line.

According to the SMH, when the Broncos were penalised for dissent after Walsh's comments, the referee told the Broncos captain that if Walsh carried on like that again he'd bin him.

lockyno1

Post Whore
There's np place in the game for what Walsh did and if he has to miss an Origin game to pull his head in so be it. I wish they came down harder on these incidents. Watch him get a week as a wet paper towel punishment

Canard

Immortal
Walsh must be looking at multiple weeks, and clearly after viewing the footage, the MRC doesn't agree with his version of events.

What about Radley spending 10 or 15 seconds remonstrating with the referee whilst playing the ball last night? Why is that not a penalty? (I don't know what he said was abuse, but it was clearly a form of dissent).

They need to crack down on this sort of thing, otherwise we turn into soccer.

Latest posts