What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 NRL Match Review Charges & Judiciary

hrundi99

First Grade
Walsh's behaviour has reinforced my opinion that he is approaching of merkinness of one merkin named Cunster to the extent that he has leapfrogged Cunster for the top spot.

Walsh carried on like a pork chop when he was sent off in the SoO and has now taken it to dizzy heights after this performance.
At least Munster has the runs on the board.

Danish

Referee
Walsh's behaviour has reinforced my opinion that he is approaching of merkinness of one merkin named Cunster to the extent that he has leapfrogged Cunster for the top spot.

Walsh carried on like a pork chop when he was sent off in the SoO and has now taken it to dizzy heights after this performance.

Walsh was celebrated by an entire state for acting like a dissenting prickon Wednesday. The bench practically formed a guard of honour for him when he was sent off.

understandable that a young player takes that as a green light to release his inner merkin

some11

Referee
At least Munster has the runs on the board.
Of course he has, he's got 8 years on reece. Got no problem with him doing in the origin arena but the way he acted against the titans pretty much all game was over the top.

Last edited:

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Walsh was celebrated by an entire state for acting like a dissenting prickon Wednesday. The bench practically formed a guard of honour for him when he was sent off.

understandable that a young player takes that as a green light to release his inner merkin
Dissenting? To whom?

Addo-Carr went before him slapping his chest, kissing his crest. That cool by you?

Walsh had just spent two Origin games being slammed by every NSW player, late, on the ground, any way they could get to him. Came out the other side dominant over all of them and winning the series. He'd earnt the right to celebrate.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Walsh was arguing at Thurston & Gallen levels and needs a spell to cool his jets. Should have been sent to the bin.

IMO calling a ref a cheat is worse than calling them a c***. I mean, f**k, I would rather be called a c*** than a 'champ'.

Thurston didn't face time for calling a ref a cheat and knife-handing him in the chest. I think Walsh will end up with a 3 game ban like Brandon Smith got for calling a ref a 'cheating bastard'.

Butler is incompetent for not sending him - but maybe Butler had his doubts that it was directed at him. It could have been directed at Fifita for the head tap and maybe we wouldn't be talking about it if it weren't for the mic picking it up.

Anyway, I think 2-3 weeks will do him good and knock the whinging out of him, hopefully. Pretty big week for a 20 year old that's being celebrated a bit too much.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Dissenting? To whom?

Addo-Carr went before him slapping his chest, kissing his crest. That cool by you?

Walsh had just spent two Origin games being slammed by every NSW player, late, on the ground, any way they could get to him. Came out the other side dominant over all of them and winning the series. He'd earnt the right to celebrate.
Addo-Carr with the dog shot akin to a brush from a feather. Strutted off like Conor McGregor entering a ring. He was laughable.

They would have been cheering if the roles (and result was reversed) and Addo-Carr was sent off in Sydney.

Danish

Referee
Dissenting? To whom?

Skipping and delaying while walking off is dissent to the ref. You are supposed to just walk off the field in a timely manner, not stop for hand shakes and celebrations.

As for JAC and Luai’s carryon while walking off, that should be their final acts in blues jerseys as far as I’m concerned.

All 3 of them acted like prize f**kwits. Walsh had the excuse that the entire crowd and his team was egging him on. Luai and JAC don’t need any encouragement to be assholes though

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Skipping and delaying while walking off is dissent to the ref. You are supposed to just walk off the field in a timely manner, not stop for hand shakes and celebrations.
There was 20 seconds left in the game.

Sydney-media generated faux outrage. Lick it losers.

Danish

Referee
There was 20 seconds left in the game.

Sydney-media generated faux outrage. Lick it losers.

I don’t think anyone have a shit about it. It was just more “origin theatre”.

it clearly had a negative effect on Walsh though who will now be suspended for acting the same way in a regular game as he was celebrated for in origin.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I don’t think anyone have a shit about it. It was just more “origin theatre”.

it clearly had a negative effect on Walsh though who will now be suspended for acting the same way in a regular game as he was celebrated for in origin.
If that is the case then we'll know the NRL is getting more muscular in abusing the judiciary process for their own desires. For them to consider name calling worse than physically pushing referees would be absurd.

But wholly consistent with the approach to this Origin series. We've seen a 19-8 penalty count, a similar ratio for six agains, Luai allowed to play in Origin 1, and a huge fine to the QRL for Collins coming on for a clearly injured Gilbert (justifiable but harsh given the circumstances).

Suspending Walsh will be one last desperate act to avoid further humiliation.

forby

Juniors
Walsh abused the referee using foul and offensive language. He only apologised after the game when he knew he was in trouble.
Luai touched the touch judge by mistake and immediately apologised when he realised what he had done.
Big difference.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Regardless of the outcome, it is Kevvie's job to crawl up the refs ass in the post game press conference, not Walsh's while the game is still live. Walsh needs to settle it down and Kev needs to start standing up for the team when the ref ***** us over.

King-Gutho94

Coach

I'll give Munster credit he knows he is a ratbag and has no shame about it.

I respect him more for that.

Unlike the likes of Cam Smith who always wanted to portray this nice guy vibe but in reality we're slime grubs.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Regardless of the outcome, it is Kevvie's job to crawl up the refs ass in the post game press conference, not Walsh's while the game is still live. Walsh needs to settle it down and Kev needs to start standing up for the team when the ref ***** us over.
Except the ref didn’t f**k you, it was a clear obstruction, and Walsh was warned at half time to stop questioning decisions.

Showtime

Juniors

As for JAC and Luai’s carryon while walking off, that should be their final acts in blues jerseys as far as I’m concerned.

All 3 of them acted like prize f**kwits. Walsh had the excuse that the entire crowd and his team was egging him on. Luai and JAC don’t need any encouragement to be assholes though
I give Walsh a pass for the way he left the field, the bloke is only 20 so hopefully whatever punishment he gets its a learning experience. I’d hope Slater gets in his ear but missing origin is a decent slap. Should’ve just pushed the official Luai style.

Latest posts