What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 off season

The MR thing has really pissed me off tbh

As a SEQ Knights supporter we generally get screwed in being able to see the Knights live most years as its rare for both the Titans and the Broncos to have home games against them. Now were likely to be shut out of MR too which just adds to it

f**k the NRL and their stupid justification. They wont be getting my cash this year

perverse

Referee

As a SEQ Knights supporter we generally get screwed in being able to see the Knights live most years as its rare for both the Titans and the Broncos to have home games against them. Now were likely to be shut out of MR too which just adds to it

f**k the NRL and their stupid justification. They wont be getting my cash this year
How is their justification stupid? We suck. We're not entertaining. We have little support up there. We don't deserve a spot in MR - let alone be entitled to it in any way, shape or form. We honestly deserve every bit of disrespect we get from the NRL at this stage. We're that pathetic.

Zoidberg

First Grade

Same, I live in Bris and don’t get to see many games. Admittedly I didn’t go to any this year, partly due to how we were playing, but I usually go to our games vs Bronx and Titans if it fits in with my work roster.
On the plus side, I guess, if they do it fairly, we will be playing in MR for the next 16 years though.

How is their justification stupid? We suck. We're not entertaining. We have little support up there. We don't deserve a spot in MR - let alone be entitled to it in any way, shape or form. We honestly deserve every bit of disrespect we get from the NRL at this stage. We're that pathetic.
Its stupid cause there are a number of teams that finished worse than us and they get away scott free

Its stupid because there were a shit tonne of knights there on the friday night this year and during the other days. You trust the NRLs metric on this anyway? The same NRL that cant even get a CBA done by the start of the season. They are honestly taking the piss if they think there were more Titans and tigers fans at MR

Its nice for you local supporters to get 12+ games a year and not give much of a shit if we arent at MR but those of us living in other areas can only take what were given and Im sick off constantly being f**ked tbh.

Burwood

Bench
It’s sad that our fan engagement is lower than teams like Canberra, Tigers, Manly, Sharks, Canterbury.

We have very healthy home crowds considering our lowly position on the ladder most years, but we are the worst rated club in the NRL for number of fans. It almost feels like a Trump rally- plenty of vocal diehards turn up, but doesn’t translate into winning the popular vote at election time.

It’s sad that our fan engagement is lower than teams like Canberra, Tigers, Manly, Sharks, Canterbury.

We have very healthy home crowds considering our lowly position on the ladder most years, but we are the worst rated club in the NRL for number of fans. It almost feels like a Trump rally- plenty of vocal diehards turn up, but doesn’t translate into winning the popular vote at election time.
I question this tbh

What has the NRL used to measure this? There was no survey when you bought tickets or when you entered the ground.

I call bullshit

macavity

Referee

rated where?

everything I have seen says we are middle of the pack, which is amazing given how diabolically shite we have been for 20 years.

Old dog

Juniors
Why the angst, ok QLD Knights supporters miss a game during MR but locals don’t have to travel to see it.
Home and away will likely give those games against Broncos and Titans for them to see. Read in what you want but every seasonal draw has opposition. I am sure that whoever had the bye in MR round would have complaints, if it happens each year then complain.

Why the angst, ok QLD Knights supporters miss a game during MR but locals don’t have to travel to see it.
Home and away will likely give those games against Broncos and Titans for them to see. Read in what you want but every seasonal draw has opposition. I am sure that whoever had the bye in MR round would have complaints, if it happens each year then complain.
Because the reasoning is bullshit, plain and simple

We are being screwed over because they needed to screw over someone and theyve trumped up a vague, unprovable excuse to do it

and yes, it effects me so im going to bitch about it

Loose Cannon

Bench
Looks like Broncos at Suncorp, Saturday June 10, 1730, according to Courier Mail leak.

Also, apparently away to Redcliffe in Perth of all places, as part of double header also involving a Souths game. No report of date yet.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
If the NRL had outlined a criteria a while back explaining how they would approach magic round given there’s an odd number of teams so that it was clear and unbiased then I could cop this a bit easier. The simplest way to go about it would be ladder position from the prior year which would make sense and would also be totally transparent. Yet they’ve chosen some vague “fan engagement” rating which seems a bit unclear to me, was every fan asked which team they’re going to support when they bought tickets or something?

Yeah the club was shit last year and probably deserves it but it punishes the fans more than anyone else tbh.

the most annoying thing from my personal perspective is that I’ve been wanting to go to magic round for the last few years but it keeps falling on the weekend of my daughter’s birthday so I obviously can’t take a weekend boys trip at that time. This time it’s the weekend before which has me excited yet now I find out we’re not going to be a part of it which is a kick in the guts.

So Knights miss out on MR, no Titans away game and our away game against Dolphins is in Perth

1 game against the Broncos is all us SEQ fans get

f**k the NRL

Last edited:

ryan.a87

Juniors
Pretty happy out first bye is round 10 and that most games are at least 6 days apart…. I excuses for short turnarounds

Jono078

Referee
Pretty happy out first bye is round 10 and that most games are at least 6 days apart…. I excuses for short turnarounds
I was just about to point this out as NRL.com have hilariously pointed it out IMO:

Turnaround time​

• 5 Days: 1 game
  • 6 Days: 5 games
  • 7+ Days: 17 games
So we can expect to go 17-6 this season? haha

Latest posts