What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 off season

Jono078

Referee
Gamble! I did not expect that one...

I'm glad they appear to be backing Hodgson though. I think I'd prefer that with Gagai backup option.

Throwing Hodgson into 1st grade fullback with no NRL experience and minimal RL game time over the last 3 years....

Such a Knights/10 move. Hope it works but I'm more skeptical it is a disaster that could have been avoided

ryan.a87

Juniors
So our choices at the moment are

Hodgson, the undercooked “rookie” with plenty of potential

Gamble, a borderline nrl level quality 6 playing out of position

Gagai, anaging centre known for being dreadful at 1 on 1 defence

Everything is fine

I think I’d rather see Hodgson thrown in the deepens, he will struggle for a while like Young did…..but that panned out pretty well

Old School

Juniors
Got to agree with you Ryan, I would be giving Hodgson a run as we have bugger all to lose & hopefully he wont break anything again before he gets into the groove. Plus we`ve had zero defence & timid attack at fullback for a few years now so Gagai as a fallback wouldn`t be any worse. I also would like to know who Hymel Hunt screwed to not be in any conversations for 2023. He was far more dependable than most if not all of our outside backs until injury hit last year, have heard nothing of him since. I would much prefer his reliability than the erratic efforts of Tuala, Mann, Best, etc, who will lose us far more games than they win.

Apey

Staff member
See they're doing a 'membership wall' with members names on it at the stadium?

A wall of shame if you will.

Nuke

Staff member
Maybe..!
My name will be up there somewhere, but I'll never see it, I'm afraid.

Jono078

Referee
Knights reveal to media that Ponga is switching to the halves.

nek minnut..

Ponga out for the season.

Ya’ll should know that’s how our storylines go.

Frederick

Staff member
Wouldn't worry too much

View attachment 69506
disperse-lesley-nielsen.gif

General Knight

Juniors
What happened to the Knights youtube channel this year? Besides a few random short vids its been dead. I remember previous seasons there would always been some good pre season content on there.

Pure_Knight

Juniors
What happened to the Knights youtube channel this year? Besides a few random short vids its been dead. I remember previous seasons there would always been some good pre season content on there.
Comms on a whole has been dead. Nothing beyond a weekly photo album. No player interviews, no pathways summer squad announcements like other clubs. Slowly gotten worse and worse since Nathan Ryan left

macavity

Referee
I am doing a little sponsorship with the club this year, a socials/video series for my business. Probably doesn't make us a cent tbh, but I just wanted to support the club in a way I can, and highlight that we are a local business.

It was supposed to be broadcast by now, but they haven't even told me which players will be participating yet (I get no say), let alone done any filming.

I love this club but gee they make it difficult.

perverse

Referee
I am doing a little sponsorship with the club this year, a socials/video series for my business. Probably doesn't make us a cent tbh, but I just wanted to support the club in a way I can, and highlight that we are a local business.

It was supposed to be broadcast by now, but they haven't even told me which players will be participating yet (I get no say), let alone done any filming.

I love this club but gee they make it difficult.
So pathetic. Even with Wests ownership, they can't even get this simple little thing right. It feels like nothing really has changed in the past 15 years. Still the same old chook raffle shit.

Frederick

Staff member
So pathetic. Even with Wests ownership, they can't even get this simple little thing right. It feels like nothing really has changed in the past 15 years. Still the same old chook raffle shit.
Feels very much like it's all because of Wests ownership. Filthy Phil being an absolute control freak