What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 off season

macavity

Referee
Feels very much like it's all because of Wests ownership. Filthy Phil being an absolute control freak

they are massive tight arses. That definitely flows down to people not feeling valued and connected. I mean the COE doesn’t even have proper furnishings….

Jono078

Referee
I find it hard to be too critical because where would we be without them.

Sure everyone can always do better but gotta take the good with the bad at times.

Nuke

Staff member
Interesting to note no sternum sponsor as yet. Possible chance for Macavity's sponsorship?!!

macavity

Referee
Interesting to note no sternum sponsor as yet. Possible chance for Macavity's sponsorship?!!

I dont have sternum money

I will add, the marketing bloke I have been dealing with at the club has been switched on. I get the feeling he is even more frustrated than I am with the lack of follow up from the rest of the org.

Burwood

Bench
Best preseason ever.
Camp was really tough and leaders stood up.
Boys are really fit.
Everyone is great mates and there’s a good vibe about the the place.

I sat in bed last night to watch it and actually fell asleep before I got to the end, so not sure if I missed anything important.

Best preseason ever.
Camp was really tough and leaders stood up.
Boys are really fit.
Everyone is great mates and there’s a good vibe about the the place.

I sat in bed last night to watch it and actually fell asleep before I got to the end, so not sure if I missed anything important.
You missed:

Young fellas really impressed

New guys fit in really well

Determined for a big year after a disappointing 2022

Pretty weird how we’re only hearing about Max Bradbury’s guaranteed immortality now after we’ve let him go. Didn’t hear a lot about it prior to the swap.
Yeah that's usually the case with Knights fans.

Ive seen a few around that still want Jake Mamo back FFS lol

Pretty weird how we’re only hearing about Max Bradbury’s guaranteed immortality now after we’ve let him go. Didn’t hear a lot about it prior to the swap.
Yep, its they way of things with the Knights fanbase

Bloke podcast calling it a terrible decision because he was "U19s NSW rep". Never mind that he was still behind Safs x2, Croker, Hetherington and Thompson and was 100/1 of getting a shot at 1st grade anytime soon.

we all know junior reps always go on to be massive NRL stars.....

PhilGould

Bench
As someone who actually watches the juniors but also hates the culture of the club & fans pandering to mediocre local kids, I think I have a pretty balanced perspective on it.

Highly rated juniors fail all the time, the idea of trading one isn't necessarily a bad thing and there's plenty of juniors currently at the club who I wouldn't have blinked at losing. Bradbury was above that line for me, but more specifically trading him for a player I believe would substantially improve our chances of success would be one thing, doing it for a completely unproven depth player who'll be in his 30's mid-way through the deal is shortsighted at best. The rugby 7's backstory is nice for the media to write about but the facts are he's in his late 20's with 7 NRL games to his name, multiple of which haven't even been at fullback, and all of which have been filling in behind a well-coached team rolling up the top of the ladder.

When the rumour first popped up the idea of him being a stopgap for a year was fine with me. Probably wouldn't magically make us a team that matters towards the end of the season but the attack should be more exciting and him combining with Dom & maybe Marzhew on kick returns should create some highlights. The consensus on here seemed to be that he would be keeping the seat warm for Pryce in 2024 or maybe even Hodgson sooner. Giving him a 3-year deal indicates that's not how the current decision makers are viewing it, and I don't know what I'm less excited about; the idea of making this trade for a stopgap depth player or the idea of Miller still being the plan for beyond this season. It doesn't fill me with excitement for our next few years to put it nicely.

Not to mention the club putting itself in the position where they need to make a trade like this a month out from the season. It's awful management no matter how you slice it or how much you believe in Miller.

TL;DR: more of an issue with what we got back than what we traded away

Latest posts