What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 PF Fri - Penrith 38-4 Melbourne @ Accor

Finals Week 3: Penrith v Melbourne

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 32 76.2%
  • Melbourne Storm

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not expecting much from my team tonight but still a great year finishing third and getting this far after losing 6 rep, 1 dally m players over last two seasons and no star Fb all year. hopefully we can bash the panthers and give the gf opponents a bit of a chance.

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach
There is nothing to gain in a Storm win.

And absolutely everything to gain in a Penrith win. Kids all around the country can't wait to see the boys in black grace the field.

GongPanther

Referee
I hope we beat NZ and make the GF but you won't see me prancing around just assuming we will win and make it to the GF, anyone can beat anyone on any given day in this competition. Your team isn't full of immortals, Melbourne just have to match you guys in the forwards and they can absolutely beat you. While you'd be a brave man to suggest that will happen, it could happen.

Parramatta got you a few weeks ago, if Parramatta can beat you, Melbourne surely can. I wouldn't bet on it but it could happen.
Prance around all you can and make the most of it. Loosen up so you can feel yourself enjoying the expierence. Screw other people in what they think of you in openly barracking for your side.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Not expecting much from my team tonight but still a great year finishing third and getting this far after losing 6 rep, 1 dally m players over last two seasons and no star Fb all year. hopefully we can bash the panthers and give the gf opponents a bit of a chance.
You don't have a team

Frankus

Juniors
I get what you're saying but you're missing one key element.

Hughes has a soft tissue injury, Luai is one arm twist away from it coming back out of the socket. What are you going to do? Give Hughes a free passage to the line and see if his calf pulls up short?
He would have been working on shoulder stability for 4 weeks. One twist away from it coming out again is embellishing a bit. I did my shoulder and was playing again 6 weeks later (almost identical injury to Luai). Any first grader is a twist away from an ACL or labral/rotor cuff tear.
Calf tears - any movement at all on the field uses the calf muscle.
I hope both get through the game unscathed.
In saying that, if I was to put money on one doing the same injury again, it would be Hughes.

MRN

Bench
Need to sit back, relax and enjoy this because this time tomorrow I'll be bouncing off the f##king walls.