What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 PF Sat - Brisbane 42-12 Warriors @ Suncorp

Finals Week 3: Brisbane v Warriors

• Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Warriors

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blaza88z

Coach
It was wet as f**k, we were shit coming off a bye as always, and the ref robbed us at the end.

Plenty of excuses.

Even better for you guys, a game played in the middle of the field against a team missing their forward pack.

gerg

Juniors
The "cheating of the highest order" episode was a few weeks prior after our magic round game against the Panthers.

The main talking point around the Napier game v Broncos (aside from all the crowd pitch invasions) was the disallowed try which would have won us the game, due to the massive milking of a slight collar grab by Pompey against I believe Tristan Sailor.

Pompey shouldn't have done it but if Sailor hadn't had a massive sook instead of actually attempting to chase down Montoya that was a W in the bag for the Warriors.

Another motivation for taking Brisbane down this week 😉

I remember watching the incident 27 times and I still couldn't work out why it was disallowed. Sure Broncos were missing some players but Warriors were very ordinary for 65 minutes and then turned it on.

gerg

Juniors
Great to see Klein dropped. However, earlier this year he was dropped and put in the bunker and he totally f**ked that up too. And then was back in the middle refereeing the following week. FFS, give the plonk a flag and have him run up and down the sideline where he can't do too much damage.

Great to see Klein dropped. However, earlier this year he was dropped and put in the bunker and he totally f**ked that up too. And then was back in the middle refereeing the following week. FFS, give the plonk a flag and have him run up and down the sideline where he can't do too much damage.
Well he's got a good chance of f**king it up again this week as well being the video ref

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I remember watching the incident 27 times and I still couldn't work out why it was disallowed. Sure Broncos were missing some players but Warriors were very ordinary for 65 minutes and then turned it on.

I'm as one eyed as they come but Pompey impeded the defender. It was a penalty all day long. In hindsight it wasn't a dumb play, because Montoya was never going to get there

Maroon4life

Juniors
The poll is interesting. The majority picking the Warriors. Interesting.
Likely what people want to happen.

I will be very surprised if Broncos don´t get this done.

Not a single one of them would have their money on the warriors either.

Broncos turned their fans into cucks this year and showed them how real men f**k.

The warriors are a cute story but it’s over come Saturday night.

Valheru

Coach
Are there any stat gurus out there that know the winning % for the team coming off the rest week ?
Since this system was re-introduced in 2012

The 22 teams that got week 2 off have a winning record of 16-6. So that's 73% winning record but still one team every 2nd year on average that progresses to the GF after playing week 2.

There have as yet been no occurrences of both winners from week 2 progressing to the GF

Only on 2 occasions has a team lost week 1 and won the comp, those being Cowboys 2015 and Penrith 2021 and both did so in re-matches from week 1.

Juju

Juniors
Brisbane were also without Walsh, Cobbo, Haas, Flegler and Carrigan. Not saying this makes it a given, not by any stretch, but it's somewhat relevant.
Heard a lot this week how the Warriors lost to the Broncos B Team this week

Warriors were without Egan, TMM, Barnett, Dylan Brown, CNK got injured 60 mins.

Edit: Walker, Walker, Walker

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach
Are there any stat gurus out there that know the winning % for the team coming off the rest week ?
Teams who have lost a prelim after a week off since the revised top 8 structure came into place in 2012.
2022 Cowboys
2021 Storm
2017 Roosters
2015 Storm
2014 Penrith
2013 Souths

So that's 6 teams out of 22 in 11 seasons that have lost a prelim after a week off.

TheDMC

Bench
Heard a lot this week how the Warriors lost to the Broncos B Team this week

Warriors were without Egan, TMM, Barnett, Dylan Brown, CNK got injured 60 mins.
No surprise we were without Dylan Brown really, considering he plays for Parra! But we certainly could've done with him..

TheDMC

Bench
I'm as one eyed as they come but Pompey impeded a guy wandering aimlessly around with no chance of getting involved in the play. It was a penalty all day long. In hindsight it wasn't a dumb play, because Montoya was never going to get there
Edited for accuracy, italics mine.
But yep, still a penalty according to the rules. That's on Pompey, not the refs.

Grapple

Bench
I just can't see Broncos not winning this being the club they are and how far they've come.

They deserve it on how well they've played but I just really hope there's no shit calls going Broncos way just because and SJ plays the game of his life ..... we all just want to see an even game and a heap of Warriors fans at Suncorp.

#noshitcallsplease

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Edited for accuracy, italics mine.
But yep, still a penalty according to the rules. That's on Pompey, not the refs.
Funny, I've watched it back and changed my mind. It was dumb. Incredibly dumb. I can't agree with what you said about no chance of getting involved in the play, though.

nswarrior

Juniors
If the Warriors bring the form from the Newcastle game they are in with a big chance. The crowd will get a few calls for the Broncos and the Warriors will have to defend well.

Go the Warriors!!

THE CHAMP

First Grade
That was in NZ, during origin, with NZ coming fresh off a bye whilst we had a whole host of regulars unavailable due to origin.

No excuse to not be winning that game.
Not to mention the game was in Napier. Only 414km from Auckland

Latest posts