What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 PF Sat - Brisbane 42-12 Warriors @ Suncorp

Finals Week 3: Brisbane v Warriors

• Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Warriors

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canard

Immortal
There's not a Broncos fan on here that didn't want that forward pass called.
We didn't need the help ffs.
That said we have copped more than our fair share of poor officiating.
The warriors are my second team if you believe that. But yelling out up the wahs during the minutes silence was just shithouse. What makes it even worse is I knew it was going to happen
You or any other Broncos fan doesn't need to justify the NRL incompetence or corruption.

That's on the NRL.

You certainly don't need to attack the Warriors fanbase because 1 drunk in a crowd of 52,000 yelled out something.

A minutes silence is a stupid thing to do in a huge crowd with a gut full of piss, anyway.

A minutes celebration, like they do in the EPL (copied by the Cowboys/Sharks for Paul Green a few weeks ago) is a far better idea.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
No he wasn't you bellend
Haha, cmon dude. He's on the 40m line in that clip when the video pans down to his wing. The play the ball was on the 51m line. He's clearly onside. Your team was better, you won fair and square. There's no need to play down the f**king ridiculous call for your team by inventing one against them.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
You or any other Broncos fan doesn't need to justify the NRL incompetence or corruption.

That's on the NRL.

You certainly don't need to attack the Warriors fanbase because 1 drunk in a crowd of 52,000 yelled out something.

A minutes silence is a stupid thing to do in a huge crowd with a gut full of piss, anyway.

A minutes celebration, like they do in the EPL (copied by the Cowboys/Sharks for Paul Green a few weeks ago) is a far better idea.
It was a lot more than 1

MRN

Juniors
This is a great idea and should be the way forward. Only minute silence I've heard recently that was actually observed by a RL crowd was last Sunday at the QCup GF.
If merkins want to be loud, give them that opportunity while also taking away their ability to be selfish in the moment.

Gerard Sutton refereed his last finals match for 2023. How the hell he missed that forward pass from Reece Walsh rules him out. One of the absolute worst ones I've seen in a long time.

blaza88z

Coach
Thought Webster and Harris were all class in the press conference, would have been really easy to let fly at the ref for missing 2 blatant forward passes, one of which was absolutely ridiculous. However they weren't interested in that.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
This is a great idea and should be the way forward. Only minute silence I've heard recently that was actually observed by a RL crowd was last Sunday at the QCup GF.
If merkins want to be loud, give them that opportunity while also taking away their ability to be selfish in the moment.
Of course if the person you’re acknowledging is unpopular that doesn’t work either:

Not that that was the case on Saturday, that was just one embarrassing dickhead with a skinful making a goose of himself

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Agree. I think 99% of the yelling during the minutes of silence is actually coming from the tunnels and/or fans walking into the stadium late that don't realise that we're in a minute silence.

Those that come late are ALWAYS the drunkest too. They just walk in yelling.

Canard

Immortal
Agree. I think 99% of the yelling during the minutes of silence is actually coming from the tunnels and/or fans walking into the stadium late that don't realise that we're in a minute silence.

Those that come late are ALWAYS the drunkest too. They just walk in yelling.
A few years back in Melbourne at Origin, someone yelling out during the minutes silence was bigger news then the game.

The context, that was ignored by the press though, was that blaring music, lasers and fireworks were played for 15 minutes beforehand and Habib from Fat Pizza was revving the crowd up, then suddenly "Ladies and Gentlemen, please rise..."

It was basically set up to fail.