What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R18 Sat - Canberra 26-22 Gold Coast @ GIO

Round 18: Canberra v Gold Coast

• Canberra Raiders

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Gold Coast Titans

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vibing

Juniors
Playing Storm, Sharks and Broncs in the last month you still have us top 4?
currently on 24

we play , not in order
Dragons
Bye
Knights
Bulldogs
Tigers
Warriors
Storm
Brisb
Sharks

I'd think we can get to 34 fairly comfortably ... I'll say thats around 5th /6th but might jag a top 4 spot too

nick87

Coach
The Fifita no try is a stupid rule, but Annesley has gone to painstaking lengths to explain that rule and by the rules, it’s a clear no try

the rule is utterly ridiculous
A defender can just stand their ground and impede an attacker from a direct line at the ball and if the attacker so much as puts his hands on the defenders back to get him out of the way, it’s a penalty

how fog defended that play is how everyone should do it under these rules
Such a dumb rule

nick87

Coach
Faiders are long gone.

Numerous reasons for their success. Halves improving this year. Papalli/Wighton skipping Origin. Madge assistant coach. Even the Alan Jones thing.

It all feels last chance saloon for the Raiders and maybe even Ricky himself. I reckon it might even be his last year.

Ricky’s last year?
Mate they re-signed him 6 months ago

you are outside your damn mind if you think he’s hanging them up anytime soon

BadnMean

Juniors
I do yes.

Something about the Raiders this year.

fair enough.

I think we are playing mediocre footy. Sputtering attack that has not scored enough points to put a single game to bed early this entire season and one of the worst defensive sides in the comp. Some key positions with the wrong personel in them. I don't rate us anywhere near top 4.

Fangs

Coach
fair enough.

I think we are playing mediocre footy. Sputtering attack that has not scored enough points to put a single game to bed early this entire season and one of the worst defensive sides in the comp. Some key positions with the wrong personel in them. I don't rate us anywhere near top 4.

It's just about outlandish prediction.

I also think it's possible a team can win it from outside the 4 this year. So even missing that I can see them pushing deeper into the finals.

BadnMean

Juniors

I also think it's possible a team can win it from outside the 4 this year. So even missing that I can see them pushing deeper into the finals.

If Penrith stumble, everyone else is flawed and gettable on their day by anyone from 2-8 I agree at this stage of the season- usually we have a pack pulled away by now. We may see who the real movers and shakers are by that last month of footy when Raiders play some good teams and we see where some of us are really at by the pointy end of the season.

I wonder if adding the Dolphins has just spread the quality that tiny bit thinner (or else it's a random blip).

footy75

Bench

Penrith or Bunnies for me

Latest posts