What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R2 - Wests Tigers 12-14 Newcastle @ Leichhardt

Round 2: Wests Tigers v Newcastle

• Wests Tigers

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Newcastle Knights

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stinkfinger

Juniors
That behaviour after the interview is just further proof that the culture at the Tigers is embarrassing. And Klemmer is a massive cat, i still remember the night he ran away from Manu Mau like a little girl.
Manu Ma'u isn't someone I'd like to run into in a dark alley owing him money. But I'm not Klemmer either.

beave

Coach
The highlight of that game....... the brunette in the coaches box.

And Klemmer carrying on like the f**kstain he is

Klemmer was carrying on after a game a few years back and Mau was happy to accomodate him. He bolted quicker than Ben Johnston at Seoul in 1988.
He seems like that 1 dude everyone knows that is massive and everyone is scared of him, then he gets dropped by some 5 foot 2 scrawny rat with a bumbag and his status is no more.

GongPanther

Referee
That behaviour after the interview is just further proof that the culture at the Tigers is embarrassing. And Klemmer is a massive cat, i still remember the night he ran away from Manu Mau like a little girl.
Watch Cooper's insights about that issue on NRL 360 after he couldn't help himself but put shit on Salmon and Luai from last week. This time it was bad blood even though it was the opposition.

Watch what happens after full time when they play the Dogs, Storm and Broncos then Parra.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Ponga's career is on a knifes edge at the moment. These concussions keep on happening and the NRL will just pull the plug and give Newcastle their cap space back (and probably a bit extra). Walsh is the undisputed favorite to replace him at Origin level after Friday night.

As for the Tigpies, well it's hard to even know what to say at this point. Something has got to give and soon. The whole board needs to go and the footy department turned upside down and shaken hard.

Jackson Hastings may carry on like a merkin, but when you look at him and Brooks, I know which of the two was was not MIA for most the game. Brooks did sfa for about 70 minutes of the game. Douhei at least had a dig, but some of those Tigers players, based on their lack of effort, would be lucky to be in reserve grade at other clubs.

Api and Papal'ii must be regretting playing with some of those guys.

One I feel most for are Tigers fans having to put up seeing that rubbish served up.

Last edited:

Someguy

First Grade
The Hastings hit (slight brush across the face) was a total no event. To blow up after the game about it just shows how pathetic the tigers club culture is. Feel sorry for Bateman, can see him booking tickets home before the season is over

stryker

First Grade
The Hastings hit (slight brush across the face) was a total no event. To blow up after the game about it just shows how pathetic the tigers club culture is. Feel sorry for Bateman, can see him booking tickets home before the season is over
Fancy getting all sooky about that eh?
Culture sucks in Tigertown. Losing against low ranked teams so regularly does that.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Really disappointed with the tigers, we were ripe for the picking but somehow the tigers managed to outderp us. I’m one of many knights fans who want O’Brien gone and this win whilst great for morale is prolonging the tenure of O’Brien

The draw suggests they won't get another win for quite some time. Maybe the Raiders or Warriors if they look disinterested. But then the easy run finishes and O'Brien is a dead man walking.

I think Shane Flanagan would be a good coach for this team. Would get some fire into it, and likes shaking up the team (Pun intended).

aqua_duck

Coach
The draw suggests they won't get another win for quite some time. Maybe the Raiders or Warriors if they look disinterested. But then the easy run finishes and O'Brien is a dead man walking.

I think Shane Flanagan would be a good coach for this team. Would get some fire into it, and likes shaking up the team (Pun intended).
Issue is this win and our ridiculous injury toll buy him time. Like make no mistake we’re a pathetic excuse for a rugby league team but now we have half our team injured/suspended give AOB a great built in excuse

Dogs Of War

Coach
Issue is this win and our ridiculous injury toll buy him time. Like make no mistake we’re a pathetic excuse for a rugby league team but now we have half our team injured/suspended give AOB a great built in excuse

Thing is, it's the same old story. This is the 3rd year in a row the team has looked like this. It's not working, he can't develop players. The writing is on the wall.

I give him 4 more weeks. Though I'm sure the Knights board have week 10 pencilled in. Looks like they also have an assistant coach in Brian McDermott. He would do as the fill-in coach. Enough experience, do a bit of a Mick Potter. Get the guys just enjoying footy and throwing it around, try and mix it up a bit.

Then Adam can find a club that can potentially win the comp, and he can join them to add to his assistant coaching titles.

Latest posts