What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R2 - Wests Tigers 12-14 Newcastle @ Leichhardt

Round 2: Wests Tigers v Newcastle

• Wests Tigers

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Newcastle Knights

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aqua_duck

Coach
Thing is, it's the same old story. This is the 3rd year in a row the team has looked like this. It's not working, he can't develop players. The writing is on the wall.

I give him 4 more weeks. Though I'm sure the Knights board have week 10 pencilled in. Looks like they also have an assistant coach in Brian McDermott. He would do as the fill-in coach. Enough experience, do a bit of a Mick Potter. Get the guys just enjoying footy and throwing it around, try and mix it up a bit.

Then Adam can find a club that can potentially win the comp, and he can join them to add to his assistant coaching titles.
You don’t have to convince me he can’t coach his way out of a paper bag, unfortunately I think it will be hard for wests to sack him if half the team is out and they show some ‘resilience’. Let’s by honest Newcastle have never been a cut throat club where accountability is high on the agenda except for a brief period when Brian Smith came in and they almost chased him out of the town for having the courage to make some tough calls

Tiger5150

Bench
Fancy getting all sooky about that eh?

Totally disagree about this.

For mine, that was peak Hastings. 100% knew the camera was on him so he decided to make a big on camera episode of the "Jackson is a nice guy show" walking over to Talau on camera. Fake as. Talau is standing there, broken nose, about to miss two weeks of footy, fuming about the crap loss and Hastings walks over for his photo op. Nobody invited Talau to an on camera kiss and make up and he clearly didnt want to and i dont blame him. Good on Talau for standing up and good on Klem for standing up for his team mate.

On the brightside, it will probably give Jackson a few more opportunities for an interview or podcast where he tell everyone ............."I dont know why I didnt get on with my team mates, but I love them all, its given me an opportunity to grow and Im just grateful to [looks at his left breast to check] Newcastle for having faith in me and believing in me. I love all my team mates at [sneaks another glance at badge]....Newcastle. Im growing, so much growing....no idea why every team i used to play for dont acknowledge my growth".

Apey

Staff member

For mine, that was peak Hastings. 100% knew the camera was on him so he decided to make a big on camera episode of the "Jackson is a nice guy show" walking over to Talau on camera. Fake as. Talau is standing there, broken nose, about to miss two weeks of footy, fuming about the crap loss and Hastings walks over for his photo op. Nobody invited Talau to an on camera kiss and make up and he clearly didnt want to and i dont blame him. Good on Talau for standing up and good on Klem for standing up for his team mate.

On the brightside, it will probably give Jackson a few more opportunities for an interview or podcast where he tell everyone ............."I dont know why I didnt get on with my team mates, but I love them all, its given me an opportunity to grow and Im just grateful to [looks at his left breast to check] Newcastle for having faith in me and believing in me. I love all my team mates at [sneaks another glance at badge]....Newcastle. Im growing, so much growing....no idea why every team i used to play for dont acknowledge my growth".
At least you've got Brooks.

stryker

First Grade

Talau is a sook. He also knew the camera was on him. As did the big hero Klemmer who played like a pussy but fires up post match…
Hastings may well have been stiring them, but they are dumb as f**k for carrying on like they did.
He wins again.

Luke Brooks is a poor man's Craig Coleman. 10 years deep and he'll never even play finals. At least Tugger played in a couple finals series.

macavity

Referee

He root your missus or something mate

Hastings seems like the type of guy who really wants to win and can be a single-minded sh!t about it. No way am I comparing their talent, but a bit of Steve Waugh about him.

KennySterling

Juniors
Talau is a sook. He also knew the camera was on him. As did the big hero Klemmer who played like a pussy but fires up post match…
Hastings may well have been stiring them, but they are dumb as f**k for carrying on like they did.
He wins again.
What a shame Jacko didn't drop weak-as-piss Klemmer as well to complete a brilliant afternoon.

Latest posts