What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R23 Sat - North Qld 14-30 Brisbane @ QLD Country Bank

Round 23: North Qld v Brisbane

• North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 23
North Queensland Cowboys v Brisbane Broncos
Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville / Wulgurukaba, South Townsville (TICKETS)
Saturday 5 August 2023

Gates 12pm
NRLW 12:50pm
NRL kickoff 3pm
Broadcast live on Fox League, Kayo Sports.

NQL2023TEAM.png

1. Scott Drinkwater 2. Semi Valemei 3. Valentine Holmes 4. Peta Hiku 5. Murray Taulagi 6. Tom Dearden 7. Chad Townsend 8. Jordan McLean 9. Reece Robson 10. Jason Taumalolo 11. Luciano Leilua 12. Coen Hess 13. Reuben Cotter 14. Jake Granville 15. Griffin Neame 16. Heilum Luki 17. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown 18. Sam McIntyre 19. Kyle Feldt 20. Riley Price 21. Brendan Elliot 22. Jack Gosiewski

Out: Kulikefu Finefeuiaki (second row), Sam McIntyre (bench)
In: Griffin Neame (bench), Heilum Luki (bench)
Changes: Coen Hess (front row to second row), Jake Granville (lock to bench), Reuben Cotter (bench to lock), Jason Taumalolo (bench to front row)

BRI2023TEAM.png

1. Reece Walsh 2. Jesse Arthars 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Selwyn Cobbo 6. Ezra Mam 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Thomas Flegler 9. Billy Walters 10. Payne Haas 11. Kurt Capewell 12. Brendan Piakura 13. Patrick Carrigan 14. Tyson Smoothy 15. Corey Jensen 16. Kobe Hetherington 17. Keenan Palasia 18. Deine Mariner 19. Xavier Willison 20. Jordan Riki 21. Jock Madden 22. Tristan Sailor

Out: Deine Mariner (wing), Xavier Willison (bench)
In: Jesse Arthars (wing), Brendan Piakura (second row)
Changes: Patrick Carrigan (second row to lock), Keenan Palasia (lock to bench)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Dave Munro, Nick Morel
Video Referee: Matt Noyen

STATE LEAGUES
QLD Cup: Tweed v Northern^ at Piggabeen, Sat 3pm
QLD Cup: Western v Norths^ at Clive Berghofer, Sat 3pm
QLD Cup: Central v Townsville^ at Browne Park, Sat 4pm
QLD Cup: Brisbane Tigers v Souths Logan^ at Totally Workwear, Sat 5:30pm
QLD Cup: Wynnum^ v Burleigh at BMD Kougari, Sun 2:10pm
Mackay^ QLD Cup BYE​

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
Really enjoying this season Broncos.
It would be great to see it continue this weekend
Into August and haven't looked like stumbling yet. There's a nice mix of youthful exuberance and experience. Maybe seeing them go through hard times a bit has softened my hatred of them. There's probably only 2 or 3 players who I don't like though.
This should be a great game for neutrals.

Nealo 12

Bench
Hard road trip for the Broncs big travel , Cowboys poor last game but motivated by a finals berth , Adversity is the name of the game, Cowboys by 8

blaza88z

Coach
Personally my favourite thing about this season has been watching the neutrals with their infinite IQ predicting we will just slide out of the 8 like last year, except we haven't and won't.

At this point our worst result is equal 4th.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Personally my favourite thing about this season has been watching the neutrals with their infinite IQ predicting we will just slide out of the 8 like last year, except we haven't and won't.

They also overlook the fact we have been at full strength once this season.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Into August and haven't looked like stumbling yet. There's a nice mix of youthful exuberance and experience. Maybe seeing them go through hard times a bit has softened my hatred of them. There's probably only 2 or 3 players who I don't like though.
This should be a great game for neutrals.
Out of interest how many dragons players don't you like?

GongPanther

Referee
Holmes lost his appeal at the judiciary...out for 4 matches, same for De-Bellen. Bronkos will take control of this match after 60 minutes, and winning by 14.

some11

Referee

The acid test is always Melbourne, next couple of games will decide if they're ready for that.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
All of them.
I've crunched the numbers.
It appears you like more Broncos players than dragons players.
Perhaps you are interested in becoming a supporter?
I would be happy to nominate you and I'm certain @SLRBRONCOS would support my position.
There will be a short but thorough 3 day initiation process conducted by SLR that will be supervised and occasionally participated in by me.

Interested?

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Our team looks great and still wilison,riki and oates to be added if required.

Absolutely stoked at what Walters and his staff have been able to assemble in only a few seasons.

Its great to look at our 17 and see so much quality.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I've crunched the numbers.
It appears you like more Broncos players than dragons players.
Perhaps you are interested in becoming a supporter?
I would be happy to nominate you and I'm certain @SLRBRONCOS would support my position.
There will be a short but thorough 3 day initiation process conducted by SLR that will be supervised and occasionally participated in by me.

Interested?
@This Year? welcome my sweets

Nealo 12

Bench
Not being on a Friday night may be a thing for the donks , but at least they are still in state

isaiah

Bench
Cowboys enjoyed playing the broncos so much last year, they must have wanted them every week. Cowboys are better now than early this season