What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R7 Fri - Cronulla 22-12 Sydney @ PointsBet

Round 7: Cronulla v Sydney

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coolumsharkie

Referee
Smiths wasn't a try, the [point of the ball was over the line but I cant see where it touched the line at anytime. Collins one wasn't either. Show me the evidence, bet ya caint

Floodwaters

Juniors
I think some of Roosters key players may be abit past it, they were my picks to win the comp but I don't even think they'll make the Top 4.

skeepe

Immortal
Usl Championship Soccer GIF by Oakland Roots SC

Smiths wasn't a try, the [point of the ball was over the line but I cant see where it touched the line at anytime. Collins one wasn't either. Show me the evidence, bet ya caint
I thought it was a try. I couldn’t conclusively discount that the ball didn’t hit one blade of white grass. Try, benefit of the doubt I think.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I thought it was a try. I couldn’t conclusively discount that the ball didn’t hit one blade of white grass. Try, benefit of the doubt I think.
Yes but you would be guessing/ assuming as did the ref. When it comes to being that close you would like the botd to go to the defensive team not be awarded based on maybes. This "lick of paint" idea is wack imo.

This Year?

Immortal
I was just calling out the confidence of some. “Roosters will win” and “Roosters will have a field day”. They weren’t predictions, they were clear statements.

Not that any of us should care much. If you make a big statement and it’s proved wrong, you should be allowed to be called out for it.

For what it’s worth, I thought the Roosters would win too. Didn’t get to the forum in time to put in a prediction. Great win Sharkies in an enjoyable game. Let’s all enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Being called out on it doesn't bother me. More often than not I get it wrong anyway!

Valheru

Coach
Yes but you would be guessing/ assuming as did the ref. When it comes to being that close you would like the botd to go to the defensive team not be awarded based on maybes. This "lick of paint" idea is wack imo.

The criteria for the ball not being on the line is seeing something else between the point of the ball and the line. If you can't see that something else then it is on the line.

That is exactly what they used to correctly determine Ronaldo wasn't on the line. Both should have been tries.

coolumsharkie

Referee
The criteria for the ball not being on the line is seeing something else between the point of the ball and the line. If you can't see that something else then it is on the line.
Hate to be argumentative but that is a really stupid way to decide a try from the bunker. If you know anything about angles and photography (whatever you wanna call it) in general, you would realise what that suggests. They need to zoom right in every frame and see, otherwise it's simply a guess. There is a lot of stupid shit in the officiating, rules in the NRL these days so I'm not at all surprised but this one irks me no end. Luckily it's not very common and to have 2 in one game is pretty rare.

Generalzod

Immortal
Hate to be argumentative but that is a really stupid way to decide a try from the bunker. If you know anything about angles and photography (whatever you wanna call it) in general, you would realise what that suggests. They need to zoom right in every frame and see, otherwise it's simply a guess. There is a lot of stupid shit in the officiating, rules in the NRL these days so I'm not at all surprised but this one irks me no end. Luckily it's not very common and to have 2 in one game is pretty rare.
Great point lets talk about Ronaldo‘s try on the the front view it appeared he touched the sideline on the the side view it showed he didn’t, yeah angles can be deceiving.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Great point lets talk about Ronaldo‘s try on the the front view it appeared he touched the sideline on the the side view it showed he didn’t, yeah angles can be deceiving.
They even guess these ones, it's awarded a try based on the assumption that the try scorer has got it down without going out, based upon percentages of these types of tries being successful.