What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R7 Sat - Newcastle 15-16* Penrith @ McDonald Jones

Round 7: Newcastle v Penrith

• Newcastle Knights

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
Lol at calling it matchfixing when you wouldn't have even been in the game without the ref directly giving you 8 points. The high tackle call when Cleary slipped, and the hair pull call for grabbing the back of the jumper of someone who chooses to have long hair were blatant game management to get Penrith in the game.

Oh and if we are calling that penalty on Cleary, there will be a minimum of 40 penalties every game for pushing kickers over after they kick the ball.
Players over the years have been penalised for hair pulling. CHN for Canberra was on the receiving end of a hair pull and that never got the scrutiny this has.

GongPanther

Referee
Panthers fans whinging about the refs is hilarious. Between the ridiculous Gagai penalty, repeated piggy backs and the even worse Frizell hair pull penalty the merkin did everything possible to swing the game your way.
The first half saw us as our own worst enemy, not to mention a good number of penalties 6-1?, yet your lot couldn't put us away and simply struggled to keep up with us in that 2nd half.

Your team were valiant with the injuries you copped and the outs before the game. Take the loss with humility knowing that during this season you will be winning more than losing, it could be quite a good season.

GongPanther

Referee
Well one of the NSW halves in the past has been dropped after a losing a series so i cant see Luai being any different to whats happened before. As Cleary wont be getting dropped.

NSW Players picked in the halves in a losing series and didnt play the following year going back to 2011.
2020 - Keary, Cody Walker
2017 - Pearce
2016 - Reynolds, Moylan
2015 - Hodkinson
2013 - Maloney, Pearce
2012 - Carney
2011 - Soward
Nope. Stick with the tried and trusted.

mozza91

Coach
The first half saw us as our own worst enemy, not to mention a good number of penalties 6-1?, yet your lot couldn't put us away and simply struggled to keep up with us in that 2nd half.

Your team were valiant with the injuries you copped and the outs before the game. Take the loss with humility knowing that during this season you will be winning more than losing, it could be quite a good season.
You couldn’t keep up with us in the 1st half either. That 1st half was as good as we’ve played in years. Panthers fans making out as if you handed it to us are talking out of their arse. We outplayed you plain and simple.

Penrith were much better than us in the 2nd half. But if we hold onto to the ball instead of dropping it every set for the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half we win.

There were questionable decisions but they didn’t decide the result. Penrith were too good at the end and deserved the 2 points.

Agreed if we keep bringing that effort we’ll have a good season.

Congrats on the 2 points. You’ll definitely be there at the pointy end of the season again no doubt.

Luai can eat copious amounts of shit though.

GongPanther

Referee
You couldn’t keep up with us in the 1st half either. That 1st half was as good as we’ve played in years. Panthers fans making out as if you handed it to us are talking out of their arse. We outplayed you plain and simple.

Penrith were much better than us in the 2nd half. But if we hold onto to the ball instead of dropping it every set for the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half we win.

There were questionable decisions but they didn’t decide the result. Penrith were too good at the end and deserved the 2 points.

Agreed if we keep bringing that effort we’ll have a good season.

Congrats on the 2 points. You’ll definitely be there at the pointy end of the season again no doubt.

Luai can eat copious amounts of shit though.
I realise we were not keeping up with you in that first half, that is why we were our own worst enemy as I mentioned.

And yea, Luai can be a knob at times, but an important knob. :)

Mr. Shaman

First Grade

So that means you only got on top when the penalty count was 8-0 in the second half then?

As far as I can see we were under pressure and ill-disciplined in the first half, but then got on top in the second half with a lack of discipline from the Knights.

age.s

First Grade
Why are people still talking about the Fitzgibbon shot? I was surprised to see it let go, but equally there wasn't much in it and I'd be pissed if it went against us.

The worse call was the prior one. A few minutes earlier the ref audibly calls a not square Jackson Hastings out of the play as he attempts to charge down Clearys first field goal attempt. He carries through and Cleary misses due to his pressure. Theres no grey area there, the ref didn't miss anything. He correctly identified Hastings not being square, gave him the opportunity to back out of the play which Hastings declined. He just decided not to blow a penalty, because, I don't know. Presumably being terrified of having his skin peeled off by a horde of frothing novocastrians. Just clear cut, provably poor refereeing.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Why are people still talking about the Fitzgibbon shot? I was surprised to see it let go, but equally there wasn't much in it and I'd be pissed if it went against us.

The worse call was the prior one. A few minutes earlier the ref audibly calls a not square Jackson Hastings out of the play as he attempts to charge down Clearys first field goal attempt. He carries through and Cleary misses due to his pressure. Theres no grey area there, the ref didn't miss anything. He correctly identified Hastings not being square, gave him the opportunity to back out of the play which Hastings declined. He just decided not to blow a penalty, because, I don't know. Presumably being terrified of having his skin peeled off by a horde of frothing novocastrians. Just clear cut, provably poor refereeing.

Not to mention the high shot missed on Soni Luke as well.

Begs the question of whether some games this season are more Choreographed than Phantom of the Opera