What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R9 Fri - Brisbane 6-32 Souths @ Suncorp

Round 9: Brisbane v Souths

• Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Souths came into the Broncos house tonight and put their feet up on the coffee table.
charlie murphy fuck yo couch GIF

BunniesMan

Immortal
Something special happened here tonight. We have knocked off two top premiership contenders in consecutive weeks. Bias aside, we are number 1 in the power rankings. By a significant margin.

big hit!

Bench
JD and co identified Jock Madden as a weakness, and that turnstile is still spinning.

of course, Freddy will be pencilling Graham’s name at no. 4. Not saying he doesn’t deserve it, but I don’t think Billy will be selecting Jock Madden for QLD.

big hit!

Bench
Well I've got a better read on them now. Spare me the injuries excuse, we have had key forwards missing all year.
and souths were 3-3 at one stage.

Haas is a big out, both in terms of ability and his salary contribution to the cap. Madden isn’t a patch on Mam. But the donkeys have had a charmed start re the draw. It’ll get tough now and they need all their stars to be available.

and loved Reynolds at the end. He shook hands with the souths boys, but he didn’t hang out on the field to chat and laugh like so many of the young fellas do these days after a loss. One of the first donkeys in the sheds, he was filthy at the team performance.

JamesRustle

First Grade
The criticism is they only tend to show up when the game is over, one way or the other. But Graham, Burgess and Cook want it whatever the situation and that might be enough.

Latrell more so than Cody but Cody is very hit and miss when the game is still in the offing.
I understand the narrative.

I enjoy Cody's niggle, don't mind a bit of grubiness... not filth, just low grade, didn't need to do that, type of crap that annoys opposition.

Don't care when Trell injects himself into the game. Wears his heart on his sleeve. His own harshest critic, but smiles like its his first game and engages friend and foe in the crowd. I'd love to be on the fence yelling lolly legs and high 5 him if he landed the sideline conversion. Even against my team.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Well I've got a better read on them now. Spare me the injuries excuse, we have had key forwards missing all year.
I’m not suggesting we would win, but with Mam, Oates, Haas, and Koloamatangi (on your end) all being in it’s a lot closer, IMO

yobbo84

First Grade
I’m not suggesting we would win, but with Mam, Haas, and Koloamatangi (on your end) all being in it’s a lot closer, IMO
Hass is the enormous out, he carries your forward pack and lets Carrigan do his thing.

If Staggs had a brain the score would have been closer too.

I still think you are top 4 but not favourites like some have been saying

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Hass is the enormous out, he carries your forward pack and lets Carrigan do his thing.

If Staggs had a brain the score would have been closer too.

I still think you are top 4 but not favourites like some have been saying
Agree. We did miss Mam more than many think though - mostly his defence but also what he offers in attack. Poor Madden was getting rekt and didn't (couldn't) offer anything. Corey's go forward would have been good too, but Arthurs had a crack.

I'd love to finish top four but I'm not confident. Of course there is so long to go but I feel Melbourne and the Roosters will have a solid back end of the season and join you and Penrith.

If we make a home elimination final and get through that with a bit of confidence we could be dangerous in a semi without expectation, but this is all in my dreams!

gerg

Juniors
I understand the narrative.

I enjoy Cody's niggle, don't mind a bit of grubiness... not filth, just low grade, didn't need to do that, type of crap that annoys opposition.

Don't care when Trell injects himself into the game. Wears his heart on his sleeve. His own harshest critic, but smiles like its his first game and engages friend and foe in the crowd. I'd love to be on the fence yelling lolly legs and high 5 him if he landed the sideline conversion. Even against my team.

Lolly legs? It's written in the Book of feuds that it has to be Chewy on your boot.