What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R9 Fri - Brisbane 6-32 Souths @ Suncorp

Round 9: Brisbane v Souths

• Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bazal

Post Whore
Joey Johns is trying to Interview Reggie the rabbit.

Reggie has brushed him.

Joey looks around in deep puzzlement.

Is Reggie the Rabbit real? Or is he just a fever dream, brought on by the cocktail of party drugs he choked down in the claustrophobic toilet cubicle before stepping into the commentary box this evening?

Reggie steps into a vortex of light that snarls and tells Joey to mind his own business.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Souths beat the bald outta the Broncos

AssuredUniformKingbird-max-1mb.gif

yobbo84

First Grade
It's really hard to get a read on the Broncos, given they've played all bottom 9 teams (and the Dolphins) the last 7 weeks in a row.

I guess we'll find out tonight. Reynolds kicking game could be the difference.
Well I've got a better read on them now. Spare me the injuries excuse, we have had key forwards missing all year.

chrisD

Coach
Well I for one love watching Trell and Cody play footy. Don't get why people get their bog catchers in a twist over these two.
The criticism is they only tend to show up when the game is over, one way or the other. But Graham, Burgess and Cook want it whatever the situation and that might be enough.

Latrell more so than Cody but Cody is very hit and miss when the game is still in the offing.

This Year?

Immortal
I thought Riki and Capewell were pretty poor defensively too. Can see this game being used as a template on beating the Broncos

BranVan3000

Coach
The criticism is they only tend to show up when the game is over, one way or the other. But Graham, Burgess and Cook want it whatever the situation and that might be enough.

Latrell more so than Cody but Cody is very hit and miss when the game is still in the offing.
Cody's had a couple of the best games I've seen from him in the past fortnight from a game manager POV

chrisD

Coach
I think the Broncos identified Souths up and in edge defence could be exploited with over the top balls before the game, that it was a plan of theirs coming in and it did work when they got the execution right.

Showtime

Juniors
I thought Riki and Capewell were pretty poor defensively too. Can see this game being used as a template on beating the Broncos
Capewell deserves a lot of criticism for his performances this year, he has Latrell levels of urgency to get back and take a tough carry. Happy to run hard from 2m out though.

chrisD

Coach
Broncos falling apart isn’t a big deal, this isn’t their year, it’s a building process, maybe next, problem for them imo is Reynolds is on borrowed time, they’ll need to find a replacement to get all the way I think.

yobbo84

First Grade
I think the Broncos identified Souths up and in edge defence could be exploited with over the top balls before the game, that it was a plan of theirs coming in and it did work when they got the execution right.
Did it though? Worked great when we were down to 12 men, not much after that