What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R9 Fri - Brisbane 6-32 Souths @ Suncorp

Round 9: Brisbane v Souths

• Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 9
Brisbane Broncos v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal, Milton (TICKETS)
Friday 28 April 2023

Gates 6:30pm, NRL kicks off at 8pm. Broadcast live on Nine Network, 9Now, Fox League and Kayo Sports.

BRI2023TEAM.png

1. Reece Walsh 2. Jesse Arthars 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Selwyn Cobbo 6. Jock Madden 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Thomas Flegler 9. Billy Walters 10. Keenan Palasia 11. Kurt Capewell 12. Jordan Riki 13. Patrick Carrigan 14. Cory Paix 15. Corey Jensen 16. Kobe Hetherington 17. Martin Taupau 18. Deine Mariner 19. Brendan Piakura 20. Xavier Willison 21. Delouise Hoeter 22. Jordan Pereira

Out: Corey Oates (wing), Ezra Mam (five-eighth), Payne Haas (front row)
In: Jesse Arthars (wing), Jock Madden (five-eighth), Keenan Palasia (front row)

SOU2022TEAM.png

1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Alex Johnston 3. Isaiah Tass 4. Campbell Graham 5. Taane Milne 6. Cody Walker 7. Lachlan Ilias 8. Tevita Tatola 9. Damien Cook 10. Jai Arrow 11. Michael Chee Kam 12. Jacob Host 13. Cameron Murray 14. Jed Cartwright 15. Davvy Moale 16. Hame Sele 17. Thomas Burgess 18. Daniel Suluka-Fifita 19. Blake Taaffe 20. Josiah Karapani 21. Ben Lovett 22. Dean Hawkins

Out: Daniel Suluka-Fifita (bench)
In: Tevita Tatola (front row)
Changes: Hame Sele (front row to bench)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Ashley Klein
Sideline Officials: Wyatt Raymond, Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Video Referee: Grant Atkins

LOWER GRADES
Norths^ v Northern at Bishop Park, Sat - Colts 11am / QLD Cup 5pm
Townsville v Souths Logan^ at Jack Manski, Sat - Colts 12pm / QLD Cup 4pm
Central v Wynnum^ at Browne Park, Sat - Colts 2pm / QLD Cup 6pm

Canberra v South Sydney^ at Wagga, Sat - Flegg 11am / NSW Cup 12:40pm (FOX)​

Last edited:

some11

Referee
Souffs rightfully favourites, don't think the broncos have the same tenacity without Haas.

Exsilium

First Grade
Souths have this knack of knowing how to play to win. I predict Brisbane will be frustrated into mistakes and Souths will punish them.

Souths by 10

This Year?

Immortal
I went Brisbane. I think Adam Reynolds will have a point to prove against his former club. His kicking game will be vital and Walsh's speed can open up Souths edge defence. Can see this being close either way.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Really shouldn’t be playing at Sandcorp the week before magic round, the state of the ground is already f**ked.

yobbo84

First Grade
It's really hard to get a read on the Broncos, given they've played all bottom 9 teams (and the Dolphins) the last 7 weeks in a row.

I guess we'll find out tonight. Reynolds kicking game could be the difference.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
It's really hard to get a read on the Broncos, given they've played all bottom 9 teams (and the Dolphins) the last 7 weeks in a row.

I guess we'll find out tonight. Reynolds kicking game could be the difference.
So you just scraped by a bottom 9 team last week?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
It was a coin flip before the Mam and Haas suspension. I feel that the Rabbitohs left edge will be too much for us - but I hope we show a bit of resolve.

If we are complacent and wasteful like we were against the Dragons, Titans and Raiders it won't be pretty.

Maroon4life

Juniors
If we win we are courageous with a dose of ‘next man up’ to go with it.

Lose and we put it down to the suspensions & injury to the starting prop, 5/8 & winger.

Safe each way bet. Will need Klein to do us some solids tonight.

yobbo84

First Grade
If the Broncos win and Reynolds puts on a clinic I think I might log off from social media and ignore all NRL news for a week.

I hope we start fast.