What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Rabbitohs Injuries and Suspensions

Rabbits20

Immortal
Liva looking very fit!! Apparently, he's not far away at all now, very exciting!

Great to see Shaq back out there. Really hoping he's back soon for us too.

We'll need all hands on deck during the Origin period.
I’m not happy mate the club hasn’t been updating the members on injuries this year it’s pretty poor.

At end of season when they send us a survey we all need to say it’s not good enough that we are being kept in the dark they’ve dropped the ball on this big time this year.

callmack1

Staff member
I’m not happy mate the club hasn’t been updating the members on injuries this year it’s pretty poor.

At end of season when they send us a survey we all need to say it’s not good enough that we are being kept in the dark they’ve dropped the ball on this big time this year.
Definitely agree with this. One of the only gripes I have with the club this year.

callmack1

Staff member
Mitchell ruled out of Game One: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/mitchell-ruled-out-of-game-one

'Something wasn't right' - The moment 'emotional' Latrell dropped bombshell on Blues: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/ad998f05cdc2ace8b6d0afda5ec9d370

Far out man, I honestly freaked out for a couple of seconds when I saw this headline! What a relief to hear that he is okay and as far as a calf strain goes, it's about as minor as it gets. Sounds like he just has a bit of soreness there. The fact that he's a chance of playing for us this weekend tells you all you need to know.

We shouldn't risk him and I'm sure we won't but I'm just thanking God that it is nothing serious.

It's not ideal but it's probably not the worst scenario for us either. Kind of glad he's not playing Origin this week from a Red and Green point of view. Means he gets more of a rest.

callmack1

Staff member
'Big chance' - Latrell to answer Blues' SOS as Origin return gets green light: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...t/news-story/d2709b5983209a9ffd0b5fab672b27f2

Just an update on injuries from Bunnies TV interview with JD yesterday for anyone that missed it.

Tom has still been a week-to-week case but they've made the call to just leave it until after the bye to get him 100% right which is probably the right call. He'll be back against the Cowboys.

Both Liva and Davvy will be back next week and will play NSW Cup which is fantastic news! JD also said they'll play NSW the week the NRL side has the bye and then look to return to first grade against the Cowboys too. So that's awesome news!

callmack1

Staff member

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Casualty Ward - Arrow, Murray Origin fears: https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/01/01...test-nrl-injury-news-updates-returns-details/

'Sad sight' for Maroons' Origin star, Blues sweat on Souths skipper's groin - Casualty Ward: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...s/news-story/3e4ae6e1953da7cd7187777831a51ad1

The injuries are obviously not good and put a bit of a damper on the win, but we'll wait for scan results and then go from there. Fingers crossed.
Arrow's injury looked every bit as bad as Keon's one, which was 6 weeks.
that's what I'm expecting.
Murray's one ain't good either, because they just don't heal well without complete rest and rehab.
Stretch admitted he's gonna be injured for the rest of the season.

southsport

First Grade
Arrow's injury looked every bit as bad as Keon's one, which was 6 weeks.
that's what I'm expecting.
Murray's one ain't good either, because they just don't heal well without complete rest and rehab.
Stretch admitted he's gonna be injured for the rest of the season.
6 weeks out is what I have just heard for Arrow.

Steenson123

Juniors
We need the OTHERS to come out of their Hibernation.
Tom B, Havili, Moale et al.
Look this squad must realise they have an absolutely ENORMOUS chance to go all the way.
They have defeated Cleary, Bellamy, Reynolds and Hynes. Their F/A is second only to "Go Riff.
That's all we need to know.
But during this slippery slope period they need to handle their business against the lesser lights.
Take each one seriously or else the end goal will again be elusive. I believe they have to target a 1 or 2 finish. Hence take St George, Balmain, Canterbury, NQ, Newcastle etc very seriously and play best available. No more time off for key players such as Tom B. He is simply resting! There are only 10 contests remaining so put the foot down!

Steenson123

Juniors
Fractur
6 weeks out is what I have just heard for Arrow.
Fractures take about 5 weeks to heal. I had a fractured right wrist and by day 35 in plaster it became unbearably itchy. bone was fine but skin not!! In other words the wrist had fully healed but the hospital refused to remove the plaster before their set date.

southsport

First Grade
We need the OTHERS to come out of their Hibernation.
Tom B, Havili, Moale et al.
Look this squad must realise they have an absolutely ENORMOUS chance to go all the way.
They have defeated Cleary, Bellamy, Reynolds and Hynes. Their F/A is second only to "Go Riff.
That's all we need to know.
But during this slippery slope period they need to handle their business against the lesser lights.
Take each one seriously or else the end goal will again be elusive. I believe they have to target a 1 or 2 finish. Hence take St George, Balmain, Canterbury, NQ, Newcastle etc very seriously and play best available. No more time off for key players such as Tom B. He is simply resting! There are only 10 contests remaining so put the foot down!
Moale should play reggies this week, Havili maybe this week but probably after the bye, Tom hopefully after the bye.

callmack1

Staff member
Injury Update - Arrow and Murray: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/injury-update-arrow-and-murray

Far out that's terrible news on Jai!! Pretty shattering for him and us fans. A huge blow that's for sure.

God, we just cannot catch a break with injuries so far in 2023 it seems. It's like we always have someone of note out. I guess with Jai, the silver lining is that it's happened this time of year. 6-8 weeks sounds daunting, but it will be less games than that that he misses for us because of Origin effected games and the byes.

Rest up Jai, get well soon and get back soon. We need ya!

Good news on Cam, so glad to hear it's very minor and he's a chance to play against the Dragons. I think he'll be rested though.

Runrabbit14

Juniors
Injury Update - Arrow and Murray: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/injury-update-arrow-and-murray

Far out that's terrible news on Jai!! Pretty shattering for him and us fans. A huge blow that's for sure.

God, we just cannot catch a break with injuries so far in 2023 it seems. It's like we always have someone of note out. I guess with Jai, the silver lining is that it's happened this time of year. 6-8 weeks sounds daunting, but it will be less games than that that he misses for us because of Origin effected games and the byes.

Rest up Jai, get well soon and get back soon. We need ya!

Good news on Cam, so glad to hear it's very minor and he's a chance to play against the Dragons. I think he'll be rested though.
It would be nice for once to see one of our players make an “early” return to the field from injury.

Just like Ado-Carr did when he trained his butt off and returned 2/3 weeks earlier than expected after his serious leg injury.

Initially we were told Tom B would rest for a week and Latrell had a slight twinge and would be a week out at the most !!

We have spent a king’s ransom on rehab and recovery facilities !!!